PDA

View Full Version : SPRAY hel

BigOne
February 4th, 2004, 01:58 PM
hey guys i got a spray made for me by a buddy of mine and i wanted to know if any knew how to install it into steam do i gotta have it as a .wad file just like the old 1.5 was like or what and if i do does anyone have a way i can change it to a .wad any help would be greatly appreciated

LA_MERC_goose
February 4th, 2004, 02:07 PM
The spray has to be in wad format. It also has to be names PLDECAL.wad. There is already one there, just rename it. Most everyone I talked to renames it to tempdecal.wad.
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\[email protected]\Counte r-Strike\cstrike\PLDECAL.wad
I've been playing around with a program called Wally, here it is. Here's also a site for what I've been doing, I know someone will have something better but this is what I've been doing.
http://www.planethalflife.com/counterspray/makeyourown.htm

BigOne
February 4th, 2004, 03:30 PM
hey goose thanks alot man imma try and get this working lol

LA_MERC_Spark
February 4th, 2004, 04:02 PM
that aint gonna work..... Steam update has screwed up custom sprays.. you can go to the steam forums and check out what people say will work, but I have yet to get mine working... most peeps agree that the max size is different, and that the file should be named templdecal.wad... none of it has worked for me... Let me know if you get it working..

LA_MERC_Sabre
February 4th, 2004, 04:04 PM
GRRRRRR... another reason to despise steam

BigOne
February 4th, 2004, 04:06 PM
i have seen some work in game but i havent tried yet

LA_MERC_goose
February 4th, 2004, 09:19 PM
NP - anytime.

LA_MERC_Sabre
February 4th, 2004, 10:32 PM
I saw a guy use one tonight...i asked him about it and he said that he used H.... ???? i know it started w/ an H but can't remember the rest...anywho, he said he did the tempdecal.wad version. his worked so??????

BigOne
February 5th, 2004, 04:49 PM
so i guess rename the file to tempdecal.wad???

LA_MERC_Spark
February 5th, 2004, 06:04 PM
thats what they say, but like I said it wouldn't work for me

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==