PDA

View Full Version : Question about Ranking

CajunTech
February 3rd, 2004, 02:07 PM
On the stats page I'm ranked 25, but in game when I type "/rank" it shows me as something like 1366 of 1366.. Just curious as to how this works..

LA_MERC_Sabre
February 3rd, 2004, 03:23 PM
considering the way you play when i'm on....i'd go with the 1366 of 1366!!!!

CajunTech
February 3rd, 2004, 03:37 PM
hehe..

boon

LA_MERC_MadMAX
February 3rd, 2004, 03:46 PM
Cajun - it is because they are two seperate entities - The web-stats update every month - and the server stats do not update nearly as often...Also, I'm sure Toby could clarify even MORE, but I also think the scoring/ranking systems and formulas are differnet too. There is a link on the web-stats page that will take you to a site that explains how ranks are calculated on the web-ranks - like for example, if you kill e0b, you will get more "skill points" than if you killed me, or sabre for instance, because he is a higher ranking player - also I think that if you kill me with a glock you'll get more skill points than if you killed me with a auto-sniper. Also, on the web stats, you get sill-points for planting/defusing the bomb, and for rescuing hosties, and you loose skill points for suicides and killing hosties. It also calculates time online as well and gives you points for that.

I think the server stats look purle at kill/death, ect. I may be 100% wrong, and if I am, someone please correct me.

LA_MERC_Onji
February 3rd, 2004, 03:50 PM
Max is exactly right, they are 2 seperate animals

aCiD
February 3rd, 2004, 04:02 PM
im an animal.. a monkey tiger... RAWWWWRRR EOU WAK AK! :p:

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
February 3rd, 2004, 04:08 PM
They basically rank the same way with maybe just a slight difference in calculation. The main difference is like Max pointed out, the stats you see on the webpage are cumulative over a month's period of time. Also, there are requirements that you have to be made in order to be ranked on the webpage (minimum amount of kills/deaths/skill). The stats on the server record every player that connects and has no requirements to meet. The server stats reset when I restart the server or when I manually reset them.

One thing to remember is that most of the stats that show up on the webpages are calculated from the data that the server stats collect.

eNdOfBeGinNinG
February 3rd, 2004, 04:34 PM
yea what they said!!! Hey , my rank matches web site and server :)

Maximus
February 3rd, 2004, 04:50 PM
OK, so basically, I'm on the /bottom15 because it's all k:d ratio? Well that bleauz! Me no likey game server rankings! I play like a leet haxor sometimes and OH LOOKY! NO DENT! Anyways, that's it from my standpoint...Tobysan, I hereby authorize you to reset the game server, and stick EoB on the bottom15! ;-)

LA_MERC_YellowDog
February 3rd, 2004, 05:26 PM
YEA EOB that's cause your like 1 and 1 .....
Mr. Im gonna :owned you all,,, KILLA....:bash...J/K..J/K...:)

CajunTech
February 3rd, 2004, 05:35 PM
EOB is my 3rd most killed player and I'm still last in rankings hehe..

eNdOfBeGinNinG
February 3rd, 2004, 08:26 PM
just cause I g afk, doesn't give you the right to brag cajun!! j/k ;)

Maximus
February 4th, 2004, 01:07 AM
Sad part is that he's still killin all of us even when he IS afk! EoB hax I tell you! The kid's bad news I say!

eNdOfBeGinNinG
February 4th, 2004, 07:07 AM
lol its because I am a machine, and I don't even really play.. right spartan? :p

LA_MERC_Diesel
February 4th, 2004, 07:49 AM
wohoo..lmao LA_MERC_Cyborg :p:

eNdOfBeGinNinG
February 4th, 2004, 12:41 PM
resistance is futile.. Give my your armor, weapons, and grenades I will kill you quickly...

LA_MERC_goose
February 4th, 2004, 12:45 PM
As I've heard several times in the game ... Place the AWP on the ground, put your hands in the air, and step away from the gun!

LA_MERC_YellowDog
February 4th, 2004, 08:23 PM
WE will Add your species distinctivness to OURS :borg :camper:

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==