PDA

View Full Version : Winter Wonderland!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 26th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Wish I had a camera guys!
I'm under about an inch of Ice here on Edisto Dr in Florence, sC!

Big freakin chunks of Ice are falling out of ~200ft. pine trees on the street behind me...sounds like explosions, there is a big arse oak on the road at the house next to me, and a limb the size of a small tree just fell in his driveway, and now another limb off of the same tree is hanging right over the main north/sound power line for florence!!!

There is a 10 ft. high bush in my yard that is literally bent double!

We have 16in ice cycles off the awning on the side of the house...it's unreal! Now I see there is a big freakin limb in the middle of the road...it's amazing! worse ice I've seen in ages!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 26th, 2004, 02:11 PM
another side note, there is a holly bush in my side yard, and the leaves look like ice cubes there is so much ice built up on them...ever blade grass in the yard (what isn't completly UNDER ice) is like 10 times the normal diameter...it's freaky looking -

Well I'm gonna boot down for now - power keep surging...wish us luck!

Also, give M@lachi your condolences - he had a bangaroo in this truck this morning and smashed the front and back of it up pretty good! Let's all be thankful HE didn't get hurt, because he certainly could have if his angel had not been with him...

Anyway - they let us off work early, and we don't have to be in until 10, so I hope it's thawed some by then, although it's in the low 20's now...brrrrr.

LA_MERC_Sabre
January 26th, 2004, 02:11 PM
RUNAWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hope you don't have pine trees leaning over your house! of coarse you will probably not be able to read this post cause your power is out, or at least will be very shortly!!!!

get the candles out!!!!!!!!!1

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 26th, 2004, 02:12 PM
none over mine, but plently of HUGE ones the street behind me...

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 26th, 2004, 02:15 PM
good luck guys! Glad to hear Mal is doing well...

aCiD
January 26th, 2004, 02:29 PM
Hey max i didnt know you live in Edisto! i used to like there when i was little! hehehe, the two brown houses are the ones my dad and uncle built and we lived in the one closest to the corner on the end near the street :) hehehe but anywho, here are some pics in Florence, and this is our winter wonderland.. lol we dont get snow hardly :P:blue:

aCiD
January 26th, 2004, 02:29 PM
another one of my car being coverd by ice =/ ewww

aCiD
January 26th, 2004, 02:30 PM
this is a shot out of my window facing my aunts house.. crazy ice! AHHH

aCiD
January 26th, 2004, 02:31 PM
facing my g'mas and g'dads hosue

aCiD
January 26th, 2004, 02:32 PM
lol that one didnt work :P facingmy g'rents house

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 26th, 2004, 02:33 PM
And to think that it's pushing 70 degrees here today...sheesh...

aCiD
January 26th, 2004, 02:35 PM
lol 70... mmmm :p:

LA_MERC_Mercy
January 26th, 2004, 02:38 PM
yeah i have the windows up on the house to let the fresh air in...its very nice down here right now

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
January 26th, 2004, 03:14 PM
Yup, I guess Mother Nature decided to try my driving in ice skills. Well, I failed. :-(

Driving on a bridge, then next thing I know, I see the arse end of my truck passing me in a 360. Somewhat head on into a guard rail, then the hit spun me into 180 and the tail end of my truck met the same guard rail. Luckily, the car the was right beside me was able to stop before I took it out with me. It was kind of fun until the big hit. Just way to start out the week. :-( I am fine, just a bit ticked that it happened.

The running total for that bridge (David H McLeod Blvd in front of Lowes:

100,000,001 (and climbing) to 0. That bridge is undefeated thus far.

aCiD
January 26th, 2004, 03:33 PM
omg that bridge is MEAN you cant tell where every body is at... sorry Mal, =/,... but yea that bridge is gruelsome

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 26th, 2004, 09:54 PM
well - i JUST got power back - it went out at 5 PM...er

I've been staring at a candle since 5...doh!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 26th, 2004, 10:13 PM
AND - not to mention a City "Tree Crew" went by, ignoring the "hanging tree" only to have the whole top of it fall, totally blocking Edisto 5 minutes later...

5 vehicles with flashing strobe lights almost hit the tree, and then turned around - i was in the middle of the road with a "Mag Light" when they were there, it took 5 for a volunteer fireman to stop and help me move the crap out of my road...this is after calling 911 4 times for help!
All the cars that wen't by were going through peoples yards - if it wasn't for that 1 volunteer fireman who cared enough to stop and help me move that limb, we could have had some serious accident before morning...

LA_MERC_Dirge
January 27th, 2004, 06:28 AM
lol Must be a big difference between SC and my hometown. We used to load up the truck with chains and rope and drive around just to pull people out of ditches, etc... No power, gotta do something. Dirge's dad: "GO get the ice chest and the come-along, we're gonna ride around for a bit and watch the people drive crazy into the ditches!"

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 27th, 2004, 06:37 AM
LOL!

LA_MERC_Diesel
January 27th, 2004, 07:31 AM
Keithville fun...lmao
I can see your dad saying that :)

LA_MERC_YellowDog
January 27th, 2004, 05:27 PM
AROUND here if they catch you pulling people out of ditches they will write you a ticket. I guess you might be taking work away from some guy with a tow truck that would charge them. Florence! go figure??

Wratt
January 29th, 2004, 07:08 PM
got some ice and snow here in kansas city missouri too..suppose to have more next week too...looks like my neighborhood couple days ago..

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==