PDA

View Full Version : dvd burnin

LA_MERC_Spark
January 20th, 2004, 01:56 PM
So i got a DVD burner..... Plextor PX-708A..pretty cool deal for 198.00 at newegg(thanx Toby) So my question is what programs do you peeps use? Im using DVD shrink 3.1 and Nero.... Also i've got some low priced generic -r's that just don't seem to work.... they were free so i thought i'd try em...no g00d...that leads to my next question....What brand would you recomend for +r or -r.... I can use either.... Oh yeah.. is one better than the other?

CajunTech
January 20th, 2004, 02:59 PM
New DVD players can read either. Extremely old DVD players may have problems with +R media. I think more companies are leanign towards +R beind the future standard tho. I personally have a +R burner and can plays burnt DVDs on my X-Box and 3 different DVD players owned by myself and friends.

I would stay away from noname DVD media and pay the little extra for name brand. i have some Phillips I believe. As soon as I remember the site where they test all the different burners and media I'll post it here for you.

I use the following

Playback - Power DVD
Burning - Nero
Copying - DVD X Copy Platinum

LA_MERC_Drax
January 21st, 2004, 07:13 PM
As one of my late X-mas presents, i got hooked up with a pioneer dvd burner. Got one of my dvds out and it plays it fine, but back home my parents have this dvd recorder for the tv, and i burned Bruce Almighty off of it, but when i put that in there, it can't seem to open it. If i click on the drive, it takes a bit, but comes back with incorrect function. Spark is SUPPOSED to have my disc now to see if he can get it work, that f00 better find it!

LA_MERC_Spark
January 21st, 2004, 08:08 PM
man... that disc is no where in sight...Serves ya right for giving a disc to a drunken f00!

LA_MERC_Drax
January 21st, 2004, 10:01 PM
i don't *drunken* would be the word for it spark....

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==