PDA

View Full Version : The Flying Laptop

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
January 11th, 2004, 05:45 AM
This is great so I had to share.......

Well I have my laptop set up in our family room on a small table. SInce my other machine is having issues right now I am gaming on the laptop. One of our dogs Always sits right beside me on the floor by my chair. The new pair of headphones I got for christmass plugs directly into my sound card(you can probably see where this is going). Well the next thing I know, the dog gets up and the wires are wrapped around her foot. Before I could do anything BAM! it hits the floor with a very loud thud, which scares the dog causing her to start running to the othere side of the house finnaly stopping in the kitchen with my machine still attached around her leg...cover open on its side up against the kitchen cabinets. I survery the scene and I was like well I guess its toast(not exactly what I said at the time but you get the idea). Brought it back to my desk, cross fingers hit power nothing..hmmmmm i say. So I popped the cover and looked for anything loose, gave each screw a turn, replaced cover, once again crossed fingers took a deep breath hit power..OMG It still works at which point I started dying laughing. Well thats my story, proving that laptops sometimes can really Fly!. Hmmm wonder if Dell would want this for one of their testamonials, hehehehehe:)

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 11th, 2004, 05:51 AM
hahaha...glad it still works Sling!

eCkO SmoOv3
January 11th, 2004, 06:22 AM
Quite a story, Is the doggie ok? lol Glad you can still play.

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
January 11th, 2004, 06:25 AM
LOl..yeah she's fine..although she now sits about 5 feet away from the desk..lmao

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 11th, 2004, 06:35 AM
hjahahahahah

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 11th, 2004, 07:09 AM
LMAO!

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
January 11th, 2004, 07:46 AM
LOL!

LA_MERC_Yankee
January 11th, 2004, 09:13 AM
That's good sling. Poor little pooch.

LA_MERC_Dirge
January 11th, 2004, 11:39 AM
one word:

wireless

lmao

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
January 11th, 2004, 12:15 PM
NOw ya tell me..hehehe

|Noob
January 11th, 2004, 12:59 PM
LOL. You shouldve posted a disclaimer on your post saying "No Animal's were hurt in the making of this post"

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
January 11th, 2004, 02:18 PM
hahaha...Yeah man didnt think of that..too funny:)

LA_MERC_goose
January 12th, 2004, 06:25 AM
I'm gonna have to call the SPCA. I think there might be some issues they need to work out. J/K!
So, the durn thing still work - talk about bounce-testing! :slp

JUNKY
January 12th, 2004, 04:13 PM
poor dog? poor laptop!!

I read a story a while back about an IBM thinkPad user that hid his laptop while he was on vacation.....in the oven. (you seeing where I'm going with this?)

They get back from vacation, and eventually his wife goes to cook something. No one remembered the poor thinkpad. About 5 mintues later they smell melted plastic and memory resurfaces. Argh! Well, after cooling down for about an hour he decided to try his luck and booted the machine. It powered up and still worked fine - and now had some cool indentions in the case that made it look like a waffle.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
January 12th, 2004, 05:12 PM
NO way!? Now I would'nt have though that one would work again.

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
January 12th, 2004, 05:14 PM
To funny Junky..yeah Im with yellow I would have thought there is no way it would ever function again...lmao:)

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==