PDA

View Full Version : Voided Warranty?

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 2nd, 2004, 07:45 PM
Please look at the attached photo (upper left corner) and tell me if I voided the warranty. Sure, I modded the power supply just a little, but I didn't remove the cover of it, nor did I break the seal...so...

LA_MERC_JESTER
January 2nd, 2004, 09:02 PM
I would that is a void my friend, service shops will say any mods done to item, is considered tamper

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 2nd, 2004, 09:50 PM
Yup - it's null and void my friend, I'm pretty sure of it :(

LA_MERC_RiverRat
January 2nd, 2004, 09:58 PM
my 2 cents - if there wasnt a sticker on there saying voide if removed, you should be fine....cuz if there wasnt one and I did that and had problems and the company told me the warranty was void - i would be like - DAMNIT PUT A STICKER ON IT AND LET ME KNOW FIRST!!

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 3rd, 2004, 06:19 AM
Jay,

My thoughts exactly. There is not a sticker that says "Any modification or changing of the design of this product voids the warranty". It DOES say, "Warranty void if seal is broken", which I didn't do.

Anyway, it's kinda a moot point. The power supply works fine (even though I had the fire extinguisher ready...just in case!).

Thanks for the input guys.

LaTech

Iccey
January 3rd, 2004, 01:03 PM
Yeah that Voids the Wartnry man sorry

NoXiOuS
January 3rd, 2004, 01:25 PM
whats a wartnry?

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 3rd, 2004, 02:12 PM
Scott - just curious...what was the purpose of the mod?

LA_MERC_Spark
January 3rd, 2004, 02:34 PM
yeah.... wut he said..

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 3rd, 2004, 03:48 PM
Well...I have limited space in my DVD player...so, I had to cut out just a portion of the power supply so that the CD ROM could fit in also...

Nothing big, but was necessary.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==