PDA

View Full Version : NORTON WARNING !!!!

Lt.Dan
January 2nd, 2004, 03:04 PM
This is a know issue with Norton and has affected a large amount of there customers.

After installing Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 and rebooting to complete the install, Norton out of no where disabled its self and told me that my trail version had expired and to please activate.

Confused I tired in vane to re-activate my Norton 2004, it did not work. I mean sure I could just install my cracked version of system works 2004, but for the love of god, Norton 2004 is the only legal thing I have, it not working is the most ironic thing that could happen.

So I searched the web and found about 1000 posts about the conflict between Roxio and Norton. There is a fix, just update your, hopefully legal copy of Roxio, and re-activate your Norton. It worked for me.

If all you have is a copy of Roxio than you are going to need some ones login in screen name and password to get your updates from there web site. There is no other fix and no other way around it; you must update your Roxio in order for Norton to work. I know this because I called Norton for a new activation code and guest what, after about 7 codes, it still did not work, but at least they were really cool about it. Man I was so scared they were going to say, “Oh Norton is not working because of your special copy of XP, Roxio and all the other software you have on your system,you are the weakest link good bye.

:blue:

XeRoX
January 2nd, 2004, 04:07 PM
You have something legal. Shame on you! MenacE

JUNKY
January 3rd, 2004, 10:06 AM
Lol -- that's funny--I installed Easy CD Creator 5 and it caused my PC to not boot up--- would just bluescreen on boot and then start booting again over and over and over.

Had to format 2 times to fix that (Yes, I did try re-installing Easy Cd again after the first format -- doh! )

-FA- ManiacalClown
January 3rd, 2004, 01:59 PM
See, that's why I've stuck with EZ CD Creator 4. It may suck, but at least the computer still runs!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 3rd, 2004, 02:11 PM
Have Y'all heard of nero???
Also - unless I burning a disk image, or an audio Cd, I use the XP built in burner via explorer - much less hassle!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==