PDA

View Full Version : AMD 2600 question

Lt.Dan
January 1st, 2004, 09:23 PM
What is a normal cpu temp for an AMD 2600 throughbred-b, or better yet what is the temp range that is considered acceptable. Please do not post telling me about good or bad temp's in Celsius :)

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 1st, 2004, 09:48 PM
I would THINK that 130 to 140 would be average w/ stock cooling, ect. Perhaps M@lachi will post - he has this same chip. I just ordered a 2800+ Barton core that runs at the same speed, but w/ twice the L2 cache (hence the higher model rating number) It is supposed to be the exact same core as the Tbred-b but simply w/ more cache...it arrives tomorrow - so when I drop it in, I'll post my temps on it.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
January 2nd, 2004, 10:42 AM
Yup I have the same chip. Mine is running real cool according the Asus Probe (86-92 F). Based on my research, I would think that as long as it is below 120F, this would be normal.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 2nd, 2004, 10:51 AM
I just dropped my 2800+ (same clock speed at 2600+ but w/ more L2 Cache) into my machine, and after several benchmarks, I'm running at 128 F.

Also bear in mind, if you, like me just got your chip, it takes about a week for the thermal compound to make a full bond w/ the heatsink, so you may see your temps go down a good bit over the next few weeks or so.

Just keep checking them. Also, I looked it up for you, and around 172F is nearing death stage, 160 is danger zone where system instability can start occuring - so you are def. below that. I don't think anything will fry at your temps, but you're probably not running as cool as you could. I would just give it time first to see what happens.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==