PDA

View Full Version : Wanna see a really big Buck?

Redneck
December 19th, 2003, 04:41 AM
This is a picture of a deer that my wifes boss killed in Illinois. I have some more pictures of the rack at different angles but these will do for now till I get off my lazy butt and upload them to my computer. The deer was a 27 point, dont know the weight, and the rack green scored 222 P&Y. Its truely impressive when you see it up close. Cabella's has offered him $150,000 at the moment for the mounted head and if I'm not mistaken they believe it will rank number 9 in the World. Enjoy...

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
December 19th, 2003, 05:49 AM
wow thanks for sharing that redneck My daddy is going to love looking at that one.

Wish that one was mine!!!! nice deer....

aCiD
December 19th, 2003, 07:22 AM
oh my god... ive never seen a buck that big.. thats.. ::goosebumps:: that buck was on steroids... wow, 27 point.. ::faints:: biggest ive seen is a 8 point.. SC deers are small and puny :P cept the one in my back yard.. which is a monster and ive gone after him with my .38 ahahahaha, very impressive again redneck :)

Phantom
December 19th, 2003, 09:23 AM
I have never had any deer meat is it any good? The only deer I have shot is with the main gun of my M1A1 tank. There was not enough left of it to eat. It was a heck of a shot 3000m away at night in the rain. I was on sabot when I got the fire command and I lazed the deer “so it was blind him/her” and then I let fly. The tower told me I missed the target but I was not shooting at that target hehe. All we found is a piece of red meat and a big red stain on the ground. So I ask you how does deer meat taste?

LA_MERC_Phantom

aCiD
December 19th, 2003, 11:09 AM
are you serious?? deer meat is... it is AWESOME! i looooove deer sausage...MMMMMM, heheh, and i also LOVE red pepper teriyaki? deer jerky w00t w00000t, lol, yea once you eat some deer meat.. its kinda hard to get weined off it.. i love it.. i love it so much better than COW, BOOO, go die COW :P

LA_MERC_RPSNIPER
December 19th, 2003, 01:56 PM
The meat is great. My favorite is cooking a backstrap on the grill. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Makes a great chilli and stew also. Maybe we can cook some while you are down for the lan so you can try it. If you go out and get some venison or some type of game meat to try cooking it yourself, please get with one of us first before you cook it. The reason I say that is I have a Uncle in California that went out and bought some. He was telling me about how bloody it was and he said they hated it. If you prepare it wrong you will hate it. If you don't soak it in water and get the blood out of it, it will have a game tast to it and you will not like it. But cooked the right way it is great.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
December 19th, 2003, 03:35 PM
I grew up eating deer. As mentioned, if you do not cook it a certain way to get the "game" taste out, you hardly ever notice it. Real lean too. We have a good deal of our deer meat ground in to burger or made into cube steak. Good Stuff!

That is an awesome rack Red! S.C. doesn't have very many of those kind, but there are a few rather "large" typicals that are very elusive to the Great White Deer Hunter! Ha Ha!

LA_MERC_RiverRat
December 19th, 2003, 04:58 PM
just dont mistake one for bighead's head

LA_MERC_YellowDog
December 19th, 2003, 05:03 PM
HAHAHAHA good one, dont shoot bighead he's got a little buck on the way.

aCiD
December 20th, 2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_RiverRat
just dont mistake one for bighead's head

woot! ahehehehehehe, lol, rise above bighead :P :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

IamTylerDurden
December 20th, 2003, 12:22 PM
Nah, I dont think biggie has to worry, he really doesnt have all that nice of a rack!

or... so im told!

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
December 20th, 2003, 12:57 PM
I would reallly reallly like to mount this one and put it in my living room to match the other mounted things we have! But this one would out do everthing...

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==