PDA

View Full Version : LOTR: ROTK Discussions *WARNING SPOILERS*

LA_MERC_Onji
December 18th, 2003, 07:10 AM
My god, what an awesome movie. After reading the books I knew they were going to have to pack a lot into this one and they pulled it off. There were several parts that were in the book that didnt make it in, but lets hope they are in the extended dvd set. I loved the fact that they did a flashback on Smegol, that was totally unexpected.
I want to see this again very soon. It seemed like everyone enjoyed it. People in the theatre were cheering, claping, laughing. It was great.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
December 18th, 2003, 07:40 AM
but was anybody busting a cap at the screen? that's when you know a movie is good!

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 18th, 2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
but was anybody busting a cap at the screen? that's when you know a movie is good!

lol, what kind of theatre are you going to..one in the 'wild wild west'?????:d:

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 18th, 2003, 10:03 AM
You never know what's going to happen at Tinseltown in Baton Rouge...

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
December 18th, 2003, 10:56 AM
HAHA Tech, I was thinking more of the Broadmore $1 theater, or the old Robert E. Lee theater.

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 18th, 2003, 11:01 AM
OMG! Broadmoor sucked! Well, I haven't been there in years, but some places never get much better.

Omega_Prime
December 18th, 2003, 11:10 AM
darren i still want to go watch, maybe friday nite, call me let me know something. i could prolly do the late showing tonite just call me.

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 19th, 2003, 05:20 AM
Ok, I saw this last night in Shreveport.

OMG! This movie is probably...no, easily the best of the 3. My favorite line is, of course, from Gimli: "That still only counts as one!" Hahahah

Anyway, liked the movie.

LaTech

Omega_Prime
December 20th, 2003, 02:21 PM
without aragon becoming king and leading the dead army with him all would have been lost! of coarse you could say all would of been lost about alot of things if it werent for alot of them but still i loved that part of the movie. great trilogy and this was by far the best one in the set, i cant wait to see the extened version of it!

Omega_Prime
December 20th, 2003, 02:21 PM
still though i have a greater earge to go to the theater on may of 05!

LA_MERC_Spark
December 20th, 2003, 03:39 PM
best of the 3 IMO... incororated lots of key events from the book... I hope the extended version shows Gandalf pimpin on Saruman.. and wut happened to saruman takin over the shire...tis no matter.. easily in my top 3 all time favs!!!!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==