PDA

View Full Version : I think we should assemble our own team

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
December 17th, 2003, 03:07 PM
http://www.xprize.org/

MERC logo on one wing, CS logo on the other wing.

}{y|3ri|)
December 17th, 2003, 03:11 PM
sonds like a quick way to get people killed.... home grown rockets arent meant to carry people... ya i know they will be well funded and all, but NASA even has hard times with thier launches and they are goventment funded.

looks cool though, ive always loved rockets

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 17th, 2003, 03:12 PM
w00t! and we have enough La Tech engineering grads to do that too!!!!...right?

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 17th, 2003, 03:21 PM
Just remember, when dealing with the government, there is a key phrase that explains EVERYTHING: "lowest bidder".

End of story.

Phantom
December 17th, 2003, 03:22 PM
OK who can we get to sit in the drivers chair? LOL I will push the botton and blast them off we just need a driver LOL.

LA_MERC_Phantom

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 17th, 2003, 03:41 PM
i vote Andy...he's crazy (ie stupid) enough to try something like this

JUNKY
December 17th, 2003, 03:56 PM
I've been following the XPrize for a little over a year, and I have to say that Ruttan's team (Scaled composites) is going to completely pwn all others, because what he is doing is actual space flight -- not blasting a rocket into the semi-stratosphere and then packing it back up and doing it all over again.

Although I havent checked all the other teams in a while -- Team Armadillo is created by John Carmack from ID software -- No wonder DOOM 3 is taking forever, he's too busy playing spaceboy -- His team has attitude though--I kinda like that. www.armadilloaerospace.com

LA_MERC_Yankee
December 17th, 2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Sabre
i vote Andy...he's crazy (ie stupid) enough to try something like this

Are you kidding me. He couldn't even handle a ride in a cesna at 1300 feet without almost losing his breakfast. How is he ever going to survive a flight to 62.5 miles above the earth?

LA_MERC_Spark
December 18th, 2003, 01:42 AM
ROFLMAO!! O no u didn't!!

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 18th, 2003, 06:29 AM
lol, yeah but the key word there is "stupid". Plus, we'll try not to get him hammered the night before!!!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==