PDA

View Full Version : PETER JACKSON THANK YOU!!!!!! LOTR ROTK

LA_MERC_JESTER
December 17th, 2003, 09:50 AM
OK, I MUST SAY THAT PETER JACKSON FINALLY DID SOMETHING THAT MOST, PEOPLE IN HOLLYWOOD AND REALLY EVEN HIMSELF HAD A HARD TIME DOING, HE MADE THE RETURN OF THE KING FOR THE FANS.... HE WAS NOT TOO SOFT TO MAKE A 4 HOUR MOVIE, HE DID A GREAT JOB ON IT, IT WAS PRETTY DARN ACTURATE TO THE BOOK, (HAS IT COULD BE), SO I SAY ROCK ON PETER!!!!!!!!!

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 17th, 2003, 10:07 AM
omg!! 4 hours!!! i won't be able to see this one in the theatres unless i take out a loan...babysitter, popcorn x4, coke x4, other candy.

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 17th, 2003, 10:34 AM
w00t! I can't wait to see this movie!!!

Apocalypse
December 17th, 2003, 12:34 PM
I'm so excited. I'm going tonight to see it, assuming it's not sold out at theaters nearby. Wish me luck! :) hahaha

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 17th, 2003, 12:37 PM
Ok, related question...does he have any plans to make The Hobbit? I sincerely hope so...that would be major w00t!

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
December 17th, 2003, 01:53 PM
sweet Baby Jebus... 4 hours? that's up there with "Gone with the Wind" How long is the directors cut going to be?

Is there an intermission? 4 hours is a long time to hold that 48oz coke in the bladder.

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 17th, 2003, 01:57 PM
:stu

LA_MERC_Onji
December 17th, 2003, 02:14 PM
Its actually 3 hours and 20 minutes long, but after you add on about 30 minutes for commercials/trailers, its pretty close to 4 hours. They actually had to cut 1 hr and 5 minutes off of this, that will be added back to the extended edition dvd.

As for the hobbit, he has been quoted on many interviews as saying that he has not been approached by newline about doing the hobbit, but he would be very interested. There are some issues with the rights on that one. He said it would be weird if someone else did it, which is true.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==