PDA

View Full Version : Hacking/Cheating by Admins

MrBill
December 11th, 2003, 12:52 PM
I recently discovered that 2 admins I had entrusted to watch over 2
MOH servers had been Hacking/Cheating with their buddies while in gameplay.

To top it off they were kicking other people that were hacking! Needless to say I shut the servers down and booted their asses. It's too bad because :confused: these were popular servers ranked at the top in the country by one of the server ranking programs. (TWCJAM OHAMAH BEACH)

Now they are trying to tell me everyone hacks on all games and it's become the norm. Infact OGG clan openly promotes hacking as legitimate
game play.

My question is --is there a lot of hacking/cheating going on with BF1942 and DC? Is it becoming the accept norm to hack/cheat in a game?

Thanks in advance for any insite into this phenomenon.

Pure Game Player from 1990's on--
MrBill

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
December 11th, 2003, 01:23 PM
Mr.Bill.. hacking and cheating is there and will always be there. LA_MERC has a solid policy against cheating. WE DON'T ALLOW IT. We pride ourselves on how hack free we keep our server and always get compliments on it.

Hacking is not the norm. Only illiterate scum use hacks to gain an advantage over someone that they would normally not be able to stand a chance against. I could see using a cheat code like they used to have back in the day for single player games ONLY if you were playing against the computer but NOT playing against other human individuals, its just not right.

Our CS server stays pretty busy lately and a cheater will join from time to time but they are usually dealt with in a very timely manor. Once you start to weed out the trash, it will only get better but you have to have admins who know what to look for to be able to catch the cheaters and not ban innocent good players.

Battlefield and DC does have hacker/cheaters. Mainly because there are no way to detect the individual cheats except for having good admins and since BF1942 recently started letting you ban by cd key hashes then these players who get caught cheating would not be able to rejoin your server once banned unless they got a new cd key. Battlefield will be coming out with the 1.6 patch very soon which will include punkbuster which is a server side anticheat program that should help some but will never get rid of all cheaters.

Only way to deal with hackers is to get admins who will do their job and know what to look for.

eNdOfBeGinNinG
December 11th, 2003, 07:50 PM
Nothing bothers me more then hackers... you have language abusers, you have bad attitude players, you have just plain annoying people on the server..but nothing rubs me the wrong way like hackers do. I'm sure a lot of you feel the same. Hackers made a rep for good players too.. hard for a good player not to get kicked/banned from a pub server due to the fact people think they are hacking. Its cheating, nothing special about it...

aCiD
December 11th, 2003, 08:15 PM
Amen, hackers are scum.. They need to be shot...Literally. They are
BAH people.. and i despise everyone of em. Its like EOB said.. it makes really good people seem like there hacking when they arent.. Your just scared its a freakin hacker >:O BAH.. Anywho, just needed to yell a bit

Wratt
January 2nd, 2004, 09:33 PM
Hackers suck,
i had the experience of not recognizing a hacker from a good player because of my inexperience in game play..but you can tell after playing with them awhile...
im was often thought of as hacking cause i know how to listen and shoot thru a wall/boxes/etc...and usually guess where i would hide if i was them..and kill them thru the wall..but some use wall hacks and stuff..i use to use punkbuster an anti-cheat program but noone requires it any more..i think we need something like that but its had to keep up with all the hacks and other ways to cheat...anyway good luck with the hackers..

Wratt
January 2nd, 2004, 09:40 PM
when i started running into alot of hackers i began practing with podbots on skill 60-100 and they play like cheats by shooting thru everything and tracking every sound..i learned stealth and tactics..
i can sneak up on bots and knife them occassionally...and always find really good players to practice with who are better than you to improve your tactics and learn humility....i learn alot playing with better players...hang in there and practice but never cheat a human opponant...practice, practice , practice...and youll do find without hacking...

LA_MERC_Heater
January 2nd, 2004, 10:33 PM
Nicely put Ops,and Eob...I can take just about anything on the sever and dont say a whole lot.But when i see someone hacking,it gets on my last nerve..
I think the Admins on this sever do a great job taking care of this prob.and from experiance respond to a prob. if not in gamee Illegal ops=)

Now if we can fix stacking=P

eNdOfBeGinNinG
January 3rd, 2004, 06:27 AM
Stacking? Thats a whole notherr ball game ;)

But honestly.. I do think MERCS are getting better at the stacking issue...Some times we do not see that we are stacking, so the loving admins that we can not see (you know who you are :p) will switch us on the other team. I think it was bad along time about because we only had about 3-5 good players in merc, and over time everyone has just gotten better at the game. So all in all kinda even, but there are a few maps were ya gotta suck it up, be a man/woman and take the abuse.. puts hair on your butt ..hahaha

LA_MERC_Sabre
January 3rd, 2004, 08:04 AM
so which map is it that i do not have to take the abuse?

|Noob
January 7th, 2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_EndOfBeginninG
Stacking? Thats a whole notherr ball game ;)

Stacking= Eob's team.:p:

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 7th, 2004, 07:26 PM
HA HA!

eCkO SmoOv3
January 8th, 2004, 06:04 AM
I have to agree with all that hacker/cheater non-sense, over the years I've dealt with alot of hackers/cheaters. All you have to do is
go to first-person view of who you suspect of hacking; go to console and "Record" a demo. Some make it obvious and some hide it. In reality there is no way you can hide it. Right now I can't remember where to send it, but send it showing their wonID and all the necessary measures.

LA_MERC_BS
January 8th, 2004, 07:38 AM
What trips me out is the word filter. Someone will get hit with "I tried to swear, but if I do it two more times I'll be kicked" well thats not good enough. They are so determined to be potty mouth that they will go around the word filter with 10 LA_MERC's in the building. Then they act surprized when something is said to them.

As far as the cheating, why even play if you have to cheat? Kind of takes the self satisfaction out of killing someone.

eNdOfBeGinNinG
January 8th, 2004, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by |Noob
Stacking= Eob's team.:p:
not my fault ppl wanna be on my team :p Infact latly I don't even join a team until each side has a few players, and based on skill i till "try" (hehe) to go to the lower skilled side.. I know corona, bighead do that too..

eNdOfBeGinNinG
January 8th, 2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by [C.O.P.S] Bslap
What trips me out is the word filter. Someone will get hit with "I tried to swear, but if I do it two more times I'll be kicked" well thats not good enough. They are so determined to be potty mouth that they will go around the word filter with 10 LA_MERC's in the building. Then they act surprized when something is said to them.

As far as the cheating, why even play if you have to cheat? Kind of takes the self satisfaction out of killing someone.
lol yea we see that a lot BS :p Ohhh whats funny was last night there was a hacker on.. He was usin aimbot so his crosshair was really jumpy.. anyway he killed the last player a live and said "wow he scared me".. I said "yea your crosshair jumped like crazy!" Then he said something like "you saying I hack? God i get a few kills and people think I hack.. I hate people like you".. mean while mav was takin a demo, and corona was watchin him lol. He was wallhacking and aimbot, and didn't look like he tried to hide it at all.. HA and he hates me ;)

LA_MERC_goose
January 8th, 2004, 08:16 AM
That's because y'all busted him, EOB! Sweet satisfaction in making them squirm?

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
January 8th, 2004, 11:02 AM
w00t!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==