PDA

View Full Version : long shot

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 9th, 2003, 08:55 AM
ok guys/gals i'm looking for a particular song......
i don't know the name of the song or the artist, but it's a hip-hop type song with a really funky beat to it. I saw it on MTV the other day but didn't catch the artist. I know that it's pretty new.

the guy singing the song is black, and the video seems to be based out of the 70's (i think)...lol

any ideas???

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
December 9th, 2003, 09:04 AM
could It be Outkast "hey ya"- ?

-=C.O.P.S=-KOrruptED
December 9th, 2003, 09:04 AM
was it Outkast - Hey Ya?

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 9th, 2003, 09:09 AM
I'm guessing Outkast - Hey Ya?

Actually, I have no clue...I don't watch MTV, nor to I listen to the radio...so...

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 9th, 2003, 09:10 AM
w00t!! that's it guys!!!!

thanks

i don't listen to much of that stuff either but i thought this song sounded pretty cool.

roXet
December 9th, 2003, 09:35 AM
i'm not much on rap either, but Outkast is pretty cool

JUNKY
December 9th, 2003, 10:10 AM
Yeah Outkast possesses way more originality and verbal skill than most hip-hop groups out there. I recommend their CD Stankonia, or ATLiens for older stuff.

SweetGirL
December 9th, 2003, 11:22 AM
Is that the song where he sings "shake it like a Polaroid picture"? I had some guys walking behind me the other night, and they blurted out that chorus. What were they trying to say to me? That I was shaking my tush....like, on purpose?? I'm old - someone explain this to me please. :p: ~SweetGirL~

}{y|3ri|)
December 9th, 2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by SweetGirL
Is that the song where he sings "shake it like a Polaroid picture"? I had some guys walking behind me the other night, and they blurted out that chorus. What were they trying to say to me? That I was shaking my tush....like, on purpose?? I'm old - someone explain this to me please. :p: ~SweetGirL~

well you see.. when a man and a woman love each other very much...

LA_MERC_Spark
December 9th, 2003, 11:27 AM
LMAO!

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 9th, 2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_}{y|3ri|)

i don't get it:sad

they hold hands right?

Iccey
December 9th, 2003, 12:07 PM
1 more good song bye them is "I Like the way u Move" its a good song

SweetGirL
December 9th, 2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_}{y|3ri|)

Ummm, I still don't get it. I get what YOU are trying to say, but I have no idea why those guys were singing that song behind me. Now, either draw me a picture or speak in layman's terms. Thank you very much. ;) ~SweetGirL~

}{y|3ri|)
December 9th, 2003, 02:35 PM
maybe its better if i just show ya....

;)

Badger
December 9th, 2003, 03:01 PM
I believe they would be referring to the way your bottom moved when you walked, not as though you were doing it on purpose, but that it had some shake to it. I'll reference the Olde English masculine expressions of :
"Wish I had a swing like that in my back yard."
"It's gotta be jelly cuz jam don't shake like that."
"Fries come with that shake?"
"Shake it, don't break it, took your mama nine months to make it."
Your old school responses could have been...
"Don't start nothin, won't be nothin."
"Cancel my subscription because I don't need your issues."
Or the middle finger always works....

aCiD
December 9th, 2003, 10:20 PM
yea hey ya, or I like the way you move..

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
December 10th, 2003, 08:25 AM
hahaha badger...rofl:)

Apocalypse
December 10th, 2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Sabre
the guy singing the song is black, and the video seems to be based out of the 70's (i think)...lol

That really narrows it down, Black artist on MTV, hip-hop song...LOL!!! jk I could have said a number of other songs, but looks like you got that answered for ya. I love rap, but probably not the "Outkast" you guys like :)

-FA- hoody
December 10th, 2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Badger
I believe they would be referring to the way your bottom moved when you walked, not as though you were doing it on purpose, but that it had some shake to it.

Very well put. Sweetgirl this should answer your question. Sort of a crude comment type deal.

Instead of the guys behind you going, "DAYUM, look at that nice....."
They said "Shake it like a polaroid picture"

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==