PDA

View Full Version : Inferno

LA_MERC_goose
December 5th, 2003, 06:11 AM
Would someone please so kind as to tell me what date should be on my de_inferno map? I get a message to the regards that my file differs from that on the server and I CAN'T GET IN! :(
Thanx!

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 5th, 2003, 06:48 AM
go to the files section above and download the de_inferno map from there and install it. That SHOULD be the updated map. If not...I dunno.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
December 5th, 2003, 07:10 AM
You shouldn't have a map called de_inferno. Steam has that map cashed because its a default map. If you browse to C:\program files\steam\steamapps\your@email\counter-strike\cstrike\maps and there is a de_inferno.bsp and de_inferno.txt then you need to delete them.

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 5th, 2003, 07:41 AM
So, we don't have to dl map packs anymore?

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
December 5th, 2003, 10:06 AM
All "default" maps are located within the counter-strike cache file. Any additional maps that you would like would need to be placed in the cstrike\maps folder. Anything in the cstrike folder will override whats in the counter-strike cache file. So, if he has an old verion of de_inferno in his cstrike\maps folder then its overriding the new inferno map that is in the counter-strike cache file.

The same thing goes for skins, sprites, sounds, etc... Anything in the cstrike folder will override whats in the cache file

LA_MERC_goose
December 5th, 2003, 10:07 AM
Thanx guys. I'll check that when I get to the house.

JUNKY
December 5th, 2003, 03:05 PM
Wait -- so yo're saying I can reskin my 552 and Aug again?

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
December 5th, 2003, 03:35 PM
Read again.. hehe.. If you put a file (custom skin, sprite, sound) in the cstrike folder, it will "override" whats in the counter-strike cache file thus using the custom over the default

LA_MERC_Maverick
December 6th, 2003, 08:19 AM
Well, i have been having problems with custom skins, everything else has worked great, but when using customs skins, steam puts up a message that says "enforcing skin consistency, your skin differs from server" (or something like that anyway) and it wont let you play on the server.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 6th, 2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
You shouldn't have a map called de_inferno. Steam has that map cashed because its a default map. If you browse to C:\program files\steam\steamapps\your@email\counter-strike\cstrike\maps and there is a de_inferno.bsp and de_inferno.txt then you need to delete them.

I had the same problem after putting some old maps back in - and what toby said is what fixed it for me...

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
December 6th, 2003, 01:53 PM
Mav.. none of the p models work. Go into your C:\program files\steam\steamapps\your@email\counter-strike\cstrike\models folder and delete all your p models

LA_MERC_goose
December 8th, 2003, 07:00 AM
That was the trick! I renamed my files and moved them to a "backup" folder and was able to get in and play. Thanx "guys"!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==