PDA

View Full Version : Parents....Bleh

|Noob
November 22nd, 2003, 01:06 PM
So I lost my computer for failing English...Fun stuff. Ill probably be back playing cs in about a month:eek: Oh well...Ill see you guys when i get my comp back, im tired of sneaking onto my parents computer

1Str8G
November 22nd, 2003, 01:08 PM
bah that sucks, good luck pulling your grade back up:)

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 22nd, 2003, 01:38 PM
School has to be a priority. Get through school...THEN you can goof off. ;)

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
November 22nd, 2003, 01:54 PM
LMAO!!! Oh how I long for the days of only have worries like that....

Scott

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 22nd, 2003, 02:41 PM
AMEN Scott! When I was worried about failing a HS class, I had NO ideas the worries that awaited me in adulthood...hehe.

8-bit weapon
November 22nd, 2003, 02:42 PM
Its werid how your always told by parents and family how they would do anything to be back in school and when your in school you think its the most horrible thing and how could they want to go back but when you finally get out into the "real world" you notice that school would be heaven because in school you hardly ever have real problems that could change your life its usually only about a detention you got and you have to get your parents to sign it and your worried you might get grounded or something to that affect.oh and that suxs about the computer man hope you get it back soon.

}{y|3ri|)
November 22nd, 2003, 05:57 PM
i always hated thet term.. "real world"

-=C.O.P.S=-KOrruptED
November 24th, 2003, 09:38 AM
Bill Gates recently gave a speech at a High School about 11 things they did not and will not learn in school.
He talks about how feel-good, politically correct teachings created a generation of kids with no concept of reality and how this concept set them up for failure in the real world.

Rule 1: Life is not fair - - get used to it!

Rule 2: The world won't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.

Rule 3: You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.

Rule 4: If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.

Rule 5: Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping -- they called it opportunity.

Rule 6: If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault, so don't whine about your mistakes, learn from them.

Rule 7: Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you are. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.

Rule 8: Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools they have abolished failing grades and they'll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.

Rule 9: Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. Do that on your own time.

Rule 10: Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

Rule 11: Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.

LA_MERC_Sabre
November 24th, 2003, 10:06 AM
lmao...true dat....The sad part is: these kids (students) really have no clue, you can tell them these facts or truths until you are blue in the face, but they just won't understand until they experience it for themselves. Hopefully they will learn quickly.

"Rule 7: Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you are. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's generation, try delousing the closet in your own room. "

this is soooooooo true!

uuee
November 24th, 2003, 10:25 AM
man what are yall talking about school is like 2x as hard as anything in the real world. you guys dont know ANYTHING...... jusssssst kiddddinggg :-D

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==