PDA

View Full Version : Dremel

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 21st, 2003, 07:48 AM
Hey,

Alicia asked me the other day what I wanted for Christmas, and the only thing I could come up with was a Dremel (because one of the modding projects I want to work on will require one). What sort of accessories should I also request (cutting blades/discs etc)?

Thanks,.

LaTech

roXet
November 21st, 2003, 07:59 AM
gotta have reinforced cut off wheels. the normal cutoff wheels will suck for cutting your case. If you want to go all out, get the diamond tipped cutoffs. =)

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
November 21st, 2003, 08:51 AM
be sure to go with non-cordless, much more power and I think you can do more with it than the cordless ones.

-=C.O.P.S=-KOrruptED
November 21st, 2003, 10:04 AM
The standard attachments are really poor, all the ones that I have are broken or burnt out.

LA_MERC_Mercy
November 21st, 2003, 11:39 AM
this is the one that you want..

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&pid=00961123000

LA_MERC_Spark
November 21st, 2003, 11:46 AM
flex shaft attachment is a must for detail work... I have several bits and stuff for the thing...let me get back to my workshop in N.O. and i'll give you some part numbers.. Exactly what will you be doing with it?

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 21st, 2003, 12:52 PM
Cutting holes in sheet metal and sanding that stuff down. See, I have a DVD player that I broke while trying to fix it. I'm going to put a LAN computer in that case, but I have to do some serious fixing to the case to get it to work right.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==