PDA

View Full Version : @#%^*(& BCS

LA_MERC_Drax
November 16th, 2003, 06:10 PM
Has anyone been paying attention to BCS standings? LSU is gettin severly screwed on it. And its basically in 2 categories, the strength of schedule(which i'd like to know who decides that so i could mail them a bomb) and the computer averages(those people making those averages also need to put down the crack pipe, clear the smoke out so they can see the TV clearly and open their eyes). Its not the fact that LSU is 4th, its that they are five and half points behind OSU and 6 pts behind USC. I'd really like to see LSU in the sugar bowl, but i guess the BCS isn't gonna let that happen even if LSU wins out.

cd
November 16th, 2003, 06:47 PM
That is the ONLY reason I do not pay attention to College football, I cannot stand the rankings system. I think It should be a tournament system like March Madness. And in the next couple of years, some of these teams will be going undefeated and not be getting the bowls they deserve(LSU for example) and eventually BCS will change.

Redneck
November 16th, 2003, 07:58 PM
If only LSU wouldnt have been smoking crack when they played Florida. That loss hurt them BAD!

}{y|3ri|)
November 16th, 2003, 09:39 PM
well.. the only good tiger is a AUBURN TIGER!

>-p

Omega_Prime
November 16th, 2003, 10:44 PM
sorry to say but a sec team will prolly never win a national title the way the system is now...why? because the sec is the best confrence in college football, there are way to many great teams that beat one another up, i can tell you for sure that them sissy teams like ohio state and ucs wouldnt be going 11-0 or 12-0 in the sec. example this season. LSU 9-1,Florida 8-3,Tenn 8-2,Ark 7-3,Georgia 8-2, Aurburn 6-5,Ole Miss 8-2 not to mention Alambama who has a good team most of the time. why is lsu non confrence schedule so weak? jesus christ look at the sec every game they play is going to be tough, let ohio state play lsu schedule and see what happens to them somewhere along the line. i say there should be a playoff system set up from the top 12 in the nation and let them battle it out in that. there is no way to really tell who is the best team in college football. how they gonna do that simple, play a 10 game season manditory for eveyone, have your regular bcs crap and your polls, take the top 12 from that for the playoffs, the others in the polls can still play in bowl games that way the ones below the top 12 can have another game. I really hate not knowing who the best team is but thats college football for ya.

LA_MERC_Drax
November 17th, 2003, 01:19 AM
I agree with you omega about the schedule that LSU has, and for the whole fact, that every team in the SEC has. But i don't understand how they do this strength of schedule rating and put OU at 7 and LSU at 65. On their scale, LSU has the fourth easiest schedule of the top 25. OU played 2 teams, Texas and Oklahoma state, which they are good teams, but thats the only 2 they've played. The hardest schedule IMO is florida. They played maimi, LSU, georgia, Tenn, ole miss, and FSU. Another person that was ranked really high was Tenn, and they play florida, georgia and maimi, rest are pushovers. I'll prolly never understand that part of the ranking.

LA_MERC_Dirge
November 17th, 2003, 06:34 AM
Okay guys, it works like this: Strength of Scheudle is cumulative dynamic number which heavily involves win loss records of teams played as well a s over all team rank. What has hurt LSU is the fact that Arizona, ULM, and the ilk are ranked so low with so many losses. Now what will help LSU is the games still on the schedule. If LSU wins out and wins the SEC, there is a very real chance that their combined average ranking and SoS will catapult them to the #2 spot. All we can do is sit back and wait. I for one think that Ohio State will stumble at Michigan. Oregon State has a good chance to beat USC as well. I also think that margin of victory should be back in the BCS equation. They had it recently and it had a cap of 20 point margin, what was wrong with that?

And Omega, your statement about the SEC is skewed. Tennessee won the CHampionship not so long ago and would have played for it in 2000-1 if LSU hadn't beat them in the SEC Championship game. The SEC does beat themselves up against each other, but so do most every other conference. Only one came come from each conference. The problem with the SEC is depth. There is a lot of parity, but if you can't overcome that parity in your own league, then you probably wouldn't win a championship game either.

Omega_Prime
November 17th, 2003, 12:28 PM
but you understand what i was saying when the sec is the best confrence in college football, because its true.

LA_MERC_Spark
November 17th, 2003, 12:48 PM
no doubt about that..

LA_MERC_Dirge
November 17th, 2003, 12:51 PM
Oh I definitely agree. The SEC is far and away the deepest, most talented conference. No other conference comes close to the level of parity up and down. Of course everyone wants to thnk other wise. For example, the first part of this season ,everyone was saying the PAC 10 was back and the strongest conference. Now, they are saying that USC is the only team worth anything in the PAC 10. sportswriters are trying to get their feet out of their mouths right now.

Iccey
November 18th, 2003, 11:06 AM
Dirge ur right the SEC is hardcore. Do any of u know Who was the Last un-defated Team in the SEC huh i dont casue every year we beat the Crap out if each other ( I think 1998 Tenn, was the last Team not to lose)

im not sure BUT i think LSU should be un beathin Right now but im not going there

Iccey
November 18th, 2003, 11:09 AM
ANd Hybrid i think LSU BLEW OUT ur so called AUBURN TIGERS LMAO 31-7 if i rember right LMAO w00t

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==