PDA

View Full Version : Now this will make us old gamers feel old.

LA_MERC_Onji
October 16th, 2003, 03:56 PM
EGM did a little study, subjecting today's children to yesterday's gaming classics, as they "...rounded up nine children of the PlayStation generation - ages 10 to 13 - and forced them to play titles from the '70s and '80s." Games the kids comment on.

Some of their comments kill me lol

http://www.egmmag.com/article2/0,4364,1338767,00.asp

LA_MERC_JESTER
October 16th, 2003, 04:20 PM
Man, that's really sad, I feel old now.... But my question is how many of you remember gorf. for commador 64.......

NoXiOuS
October 16th, 2003, 04:22 PM
Tim: My line is so beating the heck out of your stupid line. Fear my pink line. You have no chance. I am the undisputed lord of virtual tennis. [Misses ball] Whoops.

kind of reminds me of welll..... me! lol

i ownz0r anyone in Pong!

NoXiOuS
October 16th, 2003, 04:24 PM
Tim: It's strange that fire moves in this and has eyes. Oh no, the fire's coming. It's going to eat you. Are these barrels alive, too? Everything's alive. And Donkey Kong's mouth is made of pluses. Look: Plus, plus, plus, minus. They're trying to teach you math by brainwashing you.

This Tim Kid cracks me up man!

NoXiOuS
October 16th, 2003, 04:25 PM
Tim: Which button do I press to make the blocks explode?

I want to shake this kids hand. lol

NoXiOuS
October 16th, 2003, 04:27 PM
Brian: They also had that Super Mario Brothers movie—

Tim: That had nothing remotely to do with this. They had, like, laser guns that turned people into monkeys. What the hell is that?

He's at it again, actually, he made sense on that one!

NoXiOuS
October 16th, 2003, 04:28 PM
Tim: [Points to lava lamp on TV stand] That thing's more interesting.

this kid is kind of way mature for his age lol

(sorry im spamming like this.) im posting as i read.

NoXiOuS
October 16th, 2003, 04:30 PM
Tim: This is nothing compared to Grand Theft Auto III, because you can't steal a taxi cab, pick up somebody, then drive into the ocean with him.

and he's quite sadistic. lol

LA_MERC_LaTech
October 16th, 2003, 04:33 PM
OMG...those games ROCKED! The problem is that those kids weren't old enough to realize how far we've come as far as games and gaming goes. I mean, 27 years ago, Pong was THE THING!

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
October 16th, 2003, 04:39 PM
Tim: My line is so beating the heck out of your stupid line. Fear my pink line. You have no chance. I am the undisputed lord of virtual tennis. [Misses ball] Whoops.

John: Tim, how could you miss that? It was going like 1 m.p.h.

:laugh:

Kirk: My God—I could almost buy a PS2 for that. I'm sure when this came out, it was better than whatever else was out. Want to play chess with me, son? No way, Dad.

Brian: I want to play Pong!

Tim: Oh, I'm starting to suck. John, you drained my skill.

John: Yes, I used a power-up.

Tim: What? There's no power-ups in Pong. The concept of a power-up hadn't been invented yet.

NoXiOuS
October 16th, 2003, 04:43 PM
dude, my first console was the atari 2600, so im and old gamer at age 20

$pecto|2
October 16th, 2003, 05:07 PM
im 18, first console was sega genisis,sonic the hedgehog pwns all... im scared to think what will be out in 10 years... and 12 year olds makin fun of the "blue thing with mohawk".....

EGM: Who's that chick Mario is rescuing up there?

Brian: It's Princess Peach.

Kirk: It's a hooker.

Niko: She looks cut in half.

Tim: Oh wow—she's one of those pole dancers.

when i was 12 i was playin in teh woods and riding my bike around block...

$pecto|2
October 16th, 2003, 05:14 PM
(he's refering to space invaders)
Kirk: I'm sure everyone who made this game is dead by now.

:laugh:

LA_MERC_MadMAX
October 16th, 2003, 05:29 PM
Yeah, Tim ownzz...

Tim: Mario dies way too easy. Oh, grab the umbrella. Those are cool. Unfashionable, gay, but cool. Oh, 300 points. That's it? All you get is points? That's lame. Can't you do something with the umbrella

Omega_Prime
October 16th, 2003, 05:51 PM
im with darren, i started video games on a atari and really got into them with the first zelda game... o then came that great classic for the super nintendo that i played for months on in which was ff2 or really now FFIV. since then ive become quite the FF Freak and love just about any rpg out there, but one day i went over to onjis and introduced me to pc games, i remember the first time i watched him play cs, i was like sweet but ill never be able to learn how to play because of the keyboard, well after several months i finally did and rest was history!

SgtJeff
October 16th, 2003, 06:10 PM
Ha Ha, What is funny is...How many of you were old enough to own a Pong console???? Or better, had one when it first came out like I did?? I'd bet there aren't many? That is when you feel old!

LA_MERC_Mercy
October 16th, 2003, 07:36 PM
i did..well my dad did that is...my first computer was an IBM T-10 from 1980 or 82...cant quite remember that far back...

LA_MERC_LaTech
October 16th, 2003, 07:44 PM
I had a TRS-80 when I was a kid. I have 2 of them now.

Captain
October 16th, 2003, 08:17 PM
w00t Super Mario Bros 0wn3z j00 all!!!! LoL

LA_MERC_Spark
October 16th, 2003, 09:28 PM
Hey I had a trash-80 as well tech... u remember "scarf man" or "space warp"??

LA_MERC_Sniper
October 16th, 2003, 10:22 PM
omg some of those game sused to rule

JUNKY
October 16th, 2003, 11:03 PM
First console was the Atari with the sears brand name on it. First PC was a Commodore 64 -- with the Cassette Tape drive -- not the venerable 1541 Disk drive -- i got that like a year later. took zaxxon 45 minutes to load (If you remembered to come and flip the tape over after 20 minutes. then I would play for about 15 minutes, get bored and find something else to do.

}{y|3ri|)
October 16th, 2003, 11:12 PM
It takes this whole console just to do Pong?

EGM: Who's that chick Mario is rescuing up there?

Brian: It's Princess Peach.

Kirk: It's a hooker.

HAHHAHAHHAHHAHAAH

cd
October 18th, 2003, 07:53 PM
My first console was the 8 bit nes. But I had a Commadore 64 and I think it was called the Amiga? not sure. But yeah... i'm only 19.

SnAkEbItE
October 21st, 2003, 07:39 AM
Well my first experience with video games was a colico vision, then we got a sears atari knock off for Christmas one year. I then moved up to a commodore 64 but I got the 1541 right off the bat (LOL), from there moved up to an Amiga 500 got 2 of those one ran my bbs the othe I played games on, I also picked up a Amiga 1000 to mess with.

LA_MERC_Yankee
October 21st, 2003, 01:41 PM
Tim: I think mushrooms are like steroids in this. See how you get bigger and stronger?

You gotta love todays youth.:d: :d:

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==