PDA

View Full Version : Counter-Strike Server Sounds

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
October 13th, 2003, 11:24 PM
Our old CS 1.5 Server had a sounds plugin that would let you play different sound bites if you typed out the corresponding trigger word in all say.

We have currently updated our CS 1.6 server with some old and some new sound bites. The sounds need to be installed in the Counter-Strike/cstrike folder of your Steam installation. I have created an installer that should work flawlessly if you installed Steam in its default location. Just follow the prompts after downloading and opening the following executable file.

Louisiana Mercenaries Sound Pak.exe (http://www.lamerc.com/files/sounds/Louisiana%20Mercenaries%20Sound%20Pak.exe)

If you custom installed Steam into another directory then you should know enough to get these sounds into the proper location. It should look something simular to:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\([email protected])\Co unter-Strike\cstrike

If needed, browse to the proper location and continue with the install.

All instuctions should be clear when going through the installer.

Thank you
LA_MERC

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 21st, 2003, 11:33 PM
Cool I Got'em ... now lets see if they work....BTW... You have any Idea when custom skin's Like donky pack will be out for 1.6

bighead
November 22nd, 2003, 01:19 AM
thx toby

LA_MERC_Sabre
November 22nd, 2003, 08:26 AM
cool Toby, thanks!

LA_MERC_Spark
November 22nd, 2003, 08:40 AM
can I get a list of the trigger words?

Mikey
November 22nd, 2003, 05:03 PM
hey toby, there better be an OMG H4X sound.. waah

LA_MERC_Blown68Kamaro
January 9th, 2004, 10:29 PM
Can you add this sound bite found at this link?
http://www.hot68ss.com/house_hunt.htm
It used to be on the DM server.
Thanks.
Jason

LA_MERC_Sniper
January 10th, 2004, 01:50 PM
ok bendover hahaaahah

LA_MERC_Blown68Kamaro
January 10th, 2004, 09:47 PM
So does that mean we can add it? :)

Maximus
February 4th, 2004, 01:12 AM
yeah, what ARE the trigger words for the server sounds? I've always wondered that!

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
February 4th, 2004, 06:22 AM
woohoo
crap
ha ha
doh
bud
weis
er
ouch
ahhh
brb
move it
charge
im out
bye
hi
bodies
thanks
wuzzup
whine
work
timmy!
bite dust
blinded
hehehe
stop it
police
goodwork
waah
concentration
daddy
dangerous
english
joker
movin
pitaful
weeee
broom
aflac!
and then
w00t
boomstick
scared
boon
hax
nub

LA_MERC_Blown68Kamaro
February 5th, 2004, 12:17 PM
So where can I upload okay bendover? :) ;) :)

Texas_Lawdog
February 27th, 2004, 03:06 PM
thanks toby

LA_MERC_Blown68Kamaro
February 29th, 2004, 12:58 PM
And the crowd goes wild with instructions on how to upload the sound bite. :) ;) :)

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
February 29th, 2004, 01:19 PM
When I get ready to release a new sound pack, I may add it in there. Its kinda on the edge of sounds we usually include. Also, I just don't have the time to add it right now so it will stay as it is. Sorry

LA_MERC_Blown68Kamaro
March 1st, 2004, 10:08 PM
Okay. Thanks. I guess you have the link to it on my post. :)
I also have some of the others that were on the D|M server if you want them. Such as "Bullet".

LA_MERC_Nutria
March 1st, 2004, 10:38 PM
OK I like the sounds,but the question is... is there a way we mute them when they get abused like a red-headed stepchild?

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 2nd, 2004, 06:19 AM
bind a key to stopsound :)

e.g.

bind "f" "stopsound"

LA_MERC_Diesel
March 2nd, 2004, 07:03 AM
yeah last night for 1 map a guy played bite dust over and over....ahhh my ears, I got tired of hitting stopsound, thanks for kicking him Mav, btw the funny thing was he changed his name to LA_MERC_Bitedust..I remained clam, cool, and collected throughout it all :)

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
March 2nd, 2004, 07:18 AM
There is no way to mute constant spamming of the sounds. The stop sound thing only works for an instant and if they play another sound bite, you will hear it.

I guess its either an all or nothing deal. Also, you could delete the sounds that are most annoying from your program files/steam/steamapps/your@email/counter-strike/cstrike/sound/misc folder

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==