PDA

View Full Version : Steam sucks

Omega_Prime
October 7th, 2003, 11:20 PM
i swear steam sucks, i cant play cs because the stupid steam is down right now blah!!! go back to the old system just keep the upgraded game. i hate steam!!!

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
October 8th, 2003, 06:05 AM
lol...youre not aone Mike. Ive only been able to play 1.6 for about an hour total but I wasn't happy with the new layout and buy menus. Why change it if it wasn't broken?

Scott

JUNKY
October 8th, 2003, 06:57 AM
Honestly --- it seems to me like they are setting us up to start requiring payment for future upgrades to CS. Just like you pay monthly charges for games like Everquest and the such. Since you can't advance your player's capabilities or build a character up in CS, I don't expect that you'll see monthly charges, but I would expect them to charge for each expansion to CS.

Just a gut feeling.

I wish you could build characters up though -- kind of like in Ghost Recon, as you complete missions you got points that you could assign to different characters to make them more stealthy, or accurate with firearms, or gave them leadership ability.

pattont
October 8th, 2003, 07:21 AM
nah i wouldn't like that cause the peeps who have 2 work and school don't have time 2 sit around like little 14 and 15 year olds who just play all day everyday.. it wouldn't be fair 2 the majority of the peeps who play the game...

JUNKY
October 8th, 2003, 07:52 AM
Hey -- honestly I don't know too many 14 year olds that play EQ, but I know dozens of adults that stay up all night waiting to zone or whatever it is that they do, college students that lock themselves int heir dorm rooms playing EQ on 3 different PC's at a time, and things along that line -- there are plenty of adults that would play any game for extended periods of time jjust to get another skill level point.

}{y|3ri|)
October 8th, 2003, 08:40 AM
no, thats not what they are doing.. but you are close..

they want to turn it into a sytem like gamespy.. where im sure you can pay to play without ads.. or just the simple fact that they want you to have to read ads when you log on a server every time..

Lt.Dan
October 8th, 2003, 12:19 PM
NO no, what really is going on is that a group who call themselves "the confederated order of the funny walking Nazis "is conspiring to enslave us all. There first intrusion into our lives was with the creation of the Pedal-powered wheel chair. Then came Powdered water, but it was not until Cord-less Extension Cords that they became a true threat. Now my brothers it is up to us to stop them, who is with me. We must riot in the streets and protest this abomination. We must fight them at all cost,…..and speaking of cost, or battle will not come cheaply , no no, we must all give. Some of us will give our lives others there soils , but first we must all give our bank account numbers. To whom you ask….well to me of course , just send your hard earned tokens of support or money to me and I can promise that in the end we will live like kings… or at least I will.:fruit

LA_MERC_Diesel
October 8th, 2003, 12:26 PM
who loosened the straps....doc, we need some help over here, he is on the loose again, get the jacket....

:stick

}{y|3ri|)
October 8th, 2003, 12:59 PM
use the blow up nurse... that worked last time..

LA_MERC_Sabre
October 8th, 2003, 01:40 PM
lmao, sounds like a piece for the creative writing contest.

{D|M}HillBillY
October 8th, 2003, 06:15 PM
STEAM BLOWS

LA_MERC_Dirge
October 8th, 2003, 09:30 PM
Stema is pretty dang cool once you get it up and running. All you people are whining about change basically. Steam is a whoile friendler than opening ICQ and HLSW and CS and etc.

Get over it and enjoy it!

roXet
October 8th, 2003, 09:47 PM
thank you dirge. =)

LA_MERC_Sniper
October 8th, 2003, 10:25 PM
no lol it sux lol atleast untill all the bugs are worked out

-FA- ManiacalClown
October 8th, 2003, 10:26 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with it if it was stable, but they seem to be working to alleviate that situation so I'll wait and see.

pattont
October 8th, 2003, 11:45 PM
here is another funny gif that i saw on merc before..

aCiD
October 9th, 2003, 10:54 AM
thats just nasty :P. but all in all Steam blows chunks... very. and ima just start playing SWG or EQ again... Can't decide.. AHH :P

pattont
October 9th, 2003, 02:31 PM
er.. im guessing it was edited...

}{y|3ri|)
October 9th, 2003, 02:46 PM
i dunno what do you think?

=-p

LA_MERC_LaTech
October 9th, 2003, 02:51 PM
Gee...you think?

Zaknafein
October 10th, 2003, 10:15 PM
I think Steam is a nice concept in theory. But, the huge pile of crap they made doesn't give that theory much justice. I mean jeez, you can't even play a lan game anymore.

-FA- ManiacalClown
October 10th, 2003, 10:30 PM
I distinctly remember a tab for LAN servers.

Zaknafein
October 11th, 2003, 08:57 AM
I stand corrected. I started up a lan game just fine. Don't I look like a tard.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==