PDA

View Full Version : Problems with DSl.. go figure..

eNdOfBeGinNinG
September 8th, 2003, 04:42 PM
Hey people... Well DSL messin up. Everyone 30sec-1min I get a 3-5sec lag spike. I have turned of services ect. Can one of you techies help? CS sucks when you can't even run ;p Need asap :)

Omega_Prime
September 8th, 2003, 04:44 PM
call your isp and tell them to give you more bandwith....or just throw the dsl modem out the window hoping that will fix it;)

-FA- ManiacalClown
September 8th, 2003, 05:01 PM
sledgehammer

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
September 8th, 2003, 05:09 PM
End, who is your DSL provider? Get with me if you like and I'll see if I can assist you.

LA_MERC_Diesel
September 9th, 2003, 08:10 AM
It could also be a wiring issue in your house for the best available speed get them to come out and place a splitter(splits the voice and data) at the network interface (the grey box outside your house), and then home run a cable from there to the computer. Other than that Omega could be right and the modem could use a chunking. :P

Mike

}{y|3ri|)
September 9th, 2003, 09:02 AM
do you have your connection settins configured so that it knows you are useing a dsl? i tried to run a 56k before withough changin my setting from when i had dsl and i got disconnected every 30 seconds, i guess it was trying to get more then the cap allowed..

eNdOfBeGinNinG
September 9th, 2003, 11:12 AM
i'm sure it has to do with the company I am dealing with. Cable is not the issue, yes settings are configured correct. Trying to get www.dslreports.com to help.. and the tech support here sucks.. See its not laggy all the time.. my ping is just fine, just every so offten it spikes... very annoying

aCiD
September 9th, 2003, 11:20 AM
ugh huh...who gots the SLOW lil service now?!?! wahahah, yep..time fer me to get owned again..and yes...i wrote that correctly =P

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==