PDA

View Full Version : Homeworld 2 Demo!! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

roXet
September 3rd, 2003, 07:36 PM
OMG I can't believe I will finally able to get my grubby little hands on this one. Bluesnews has a crapload of download links if anybody else wants it. The demo has 2 multiplayer maps, so providing my POS computer will run it at more than 0.5 FPS I'm gonna want to play against somebody. =)

LA_MERC_Mercy
September 3rd, 2003, 07:49 PM
dude...post some links...i want it too

LA_MERC_Dirge
September 3rd, 2003, 07:57 PM
I missed thefirst one... :doh What's this about?

roXet
September 4th, 2003, 07:06 AM
did you get it mercy?

Dirge, it's basicially a RTS in space. You have a mothership and you build your fleet and fight the baddies. Cool thing is you keep your fleet between each mission.

I was playing the demo last night and I found out when you are fighting capital ships you can attack their sub-systems (like their engines, fighter module and resource collection module). It's really sweet. =)

LA_MERC_Mercy
September 4th, 2003, 08:20 AM
your kidding? they added that in? sawweet...

yeah i got but it took all night...the links off bluesnews where getting raped big time...it finished up around 1am this morning..so i will be trying it out some tonite...

we will definetely have to try out the multiplayer...

LA_MERC_Mercy
September 4th, 2003, 08:54 AM
oh how does it play?

roXet
September 4th, 2003, 09:16 AM
in the single player missions it worked pretty ok, but the graphics are horrible, but it's good that they made it that scaleable.

LA_MERC_LaTech
September 4th, 2003, 09:22 AM
I am dling it now...will burn to a CD and take home tonight (assuming it actually finishes downloading!).

roXet
September 4th, 2003, 09:26 AM
if anybody is having trouble getting it I can host it tonight when I get home

oh yeha, check out screenies here if you havn't seen how freakin' awesome this game looks

http://homeworld2.sierra.com/gallery.php

LA_MERC_Dirge
September 4th, 2003, 09:40 AM
OOOOOOO

Pretty!

LA_MERC_Mercy
September 4th, 2003, 10:20 AM
more than pretty..remember return of the jedi the final battle outside the deathstar...all those ships duking it out? well you can have those types of battles in this..but even bigger...

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==