PDA

View Full Version : Mr Depp's deportation

LA_MERC_BS
September 3rd, 2003, 01:46 PM
I would like to start a petition to deport mr Depp or what ever he calls himself now. He is obviously not Amercian citizen material anymore.

http://entertainment.msn.com/news/article.aspx?news=132811

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
September 3rd, 2003, 01:55 PM
One less moron breathing my air....cya.

Scott

LA_MERC_Sabre
September 3rd, 2003, 01:58 PM
Sounds like he should stay over there, and stop taking American money as well. It amazes me how quickly these actors and actresses forget who made them what they are today.

LA_MERC_LaTech
September 3rd, 2003, 02:21 PM
No kidding. I saw this earlier on Yahoo.news and was like, "Fine, we don't want you back then!"

Idiot.

LA_MERC_Spark
September 3rd, 2003, 04:39 PM
wut an arse head.....d00d I liked his last movie 2.. I want my GD money back!!!!

LA_MERC_JESTER
September 3rd, 2003, 04:56 PM
you know some of these folks have the most noble of purposes in saying what they say, but then get twisted by the media, to mean something that it was not. I have read an article not to long ago that stated, some other things said by Depp, and they were no where near what these recent ones were. I think he was talking more of the goverment then the actual nation it's self. I just wonder if our everyday comments were stated in the public eye if they would be percieved the same way. Example, I made a comment the other day that I thought all those one welfare should be made find some kind of work if possiable, and that I thought the goverment should do a better job of policing the folks who recieve welfare. OMG at the people that statement pissed off. You would not believe. I dont know, it is all a touchy thing. Not saying that I support or agree with what he said. I just think that all of those celebs need to stick, to there business and stay out of all the things they feel like they are needing to voice there opinion on. But, trust me I have a Dad that is screwed up from serving this country, and I have lost a brother to serving this country. So I have paid the price to say Screw you if you dont love it. Get the heck out!!!! but, still I have to think that my brother gave his life doing something that he believed that we should not be doing.

BTW BB just wondering how everyone over there is reacting to the Arnold for governor show.... Espc. those in the public service field like your self.

}{y|3ri|)
September 3rd, 2003, 05:08 PM
its the same as speaking bad twoard the president... but us making fun of something he said does that make us un-patriotic?

-FA- ManiacalClown
September 3rd, 2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_}{y|3ri|)
its the same as speaking bad twoard the president... but us making fun of something he said does that make us un-patriotic?

Speaking out against something or someone you don't agree with is more patriotic than playing the part of the sheep the last time I checked.

LA_MERC_LaTech
September 3rd, 2003, 05:50 PM
However, actors/actresses/musicians should stick to what they are good at. The whole actors/actresses/musicians turned political pundit crap is getting old. Look what happened to the Dixie Chicks.

This is America, I understand that, and they have as much right to speak what they think about different topics. Hacks me off when they use their name to promote political views and opinions. If they want to do that, run for office...don't just talk about it...DO SOMETHING.

}{y|3ri|)
September 3rd, 2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by -FA- ManiacalClown
Speaking out against something or someone you don't agree with is more patriotic than playing the part of the sheep the last time I checked.

thats what i was saying.... just because we disagre with somthing doenst make us less American.

LA_MERC_Dirge
September 3rd, 2003, 07:50 PM
CLown, your statement is only somehwat true. The point is these actors and celebs do not live the same life that 99% of the rest of America. They have someone there to put cheese in their mouth and pour wine down their throats everyday. Most develop Napoleonic complexes that make them think they can speak for the public, when they are superbly unqualified for that. Can Johnny Depp say what he did? YES Does he have an adequate frame of reference? While sitting in the south of France enjoying his success? NO This is akin to a kindergartener trying to expertly pick the Super Bowl winner for next year. These people need to learn to say "no comment" and wait until they can form an intelligent comment before they speak. Because from all of his quotes, he cites nothing but catch phrases and eighth grade analogies.

-FA- ManiacalClown
September 3rd, 2003, 09:35 PM
I will agree that an ex-patriot (which seems to be a proper term in this case) probably doesn't have the greatest perspective to comment on current events. I'd wager that there's a reason that he left for France in the first place, though, and that would make for more appropriate commentary.

LA_MERC_LaTech
September 3rd, 2003, 09:38 PM
Drugs are probably cheaper there.

LA_MERC_LaTech
September 4th, 2003, 08:40 PM
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Denying any anti-American sentiment on his part, actor Johnny Depp (news) said on Thursday that quotes attributed to him as likening the United States to a "dumb puppy" were inaccurate and taken out of context.

"I am an American. I love my country and have great hopes for it," Depp said in a statement released by his Los Angeles-based publicist. "It is for this reason that I speak candidly and sometimes critically about it. I have benefited greatly from the freedom that exists in my country and for this I am eternally grateful."

Depp, currently starring in the swashbuckling film "Pirates of the Caribbean," issued the statement a day after the German news magazine Stern published an interview in which he ridiculed Washington's confrontation with France, where he lives, over the U.S. war in Iraq (news - web sites).

The magazine quoted the actor as saying "America is ... like a dumb puppy that has big teeth that can bite and hurt you, aggressive." He was further quoted as saying he wanted his children to "see America as ... a broken toy" that they should explore, get the feel of, then "get out."

Explaining his comments a day later, Depp he had been using a metaphor that was taken "radically out of context," adding, "There was no anti-American sentiment."

"What I was saying was that, compared to Europe, America is a very young country and we are still growing as a nation," he said. "My deepest apologies to those who were offended, affected, or hurt by this insanely twisted deformation of my words and intent."

His spokeswoman added that the Kentucky-born Depp, 40, lives in the south of France with his family because his wife, actress-singer Vanessa Paradis (news), is French.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
September 4th, 2003, 10:05 PM
got spin???

Scott

pattont
September 5th, 2003, 12:09 AM
he is such a moron, didn't he have some really weird roles in the past and then starting 2 get into some main stream movies.. what a nub..

LA_MERC_Dirge
September 5th, 2003, 06:15 AM
He's actually been in quite a few mainstream movies and only a couple of weird ones.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000136/

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
September 5th, 2003, 08:17 AM
where's the "No Spin Zone" when you need it?

pattont
September 5th, 2003, 12:03 PM
hmm i still think we should deport him for his mouth.. i mean its one thing 2 come here and have patriotism, but its another 2 do good in america and then whine about it and say the country ur livin in is crap.. DEPORT!!!!

Disorder
September 7th, 2003, 03:08 AM
he should have just replaced "america" with "bush". the pres. is really starting to annoy a lot of military people.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==