PDA

View Full Version : If you got the blaster worm...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
August 13th, 2003, 10:53 PM
And have Windows XP, download this file:
http://www.lamerc.com/uploads/WindowsXP-KB823980-x86-ENU.exe

And have Windows 2000 Pro, download this file:
http://www.lamerc.com/uploads/Windows2000-KB823980-x86-ENU.exe

These are the secuity patches to block the worm...

BEAR IN MIND - If you have Windows 2000, you MUST be on Service Pack 2 or higher to apply the patch.

If you need to update to the latest service pack, here is the link to download Windows 2000 Service Pack 4:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/6/A/E6A04295-D2A8-40D0-A0C5-241BFECD095E/W2KSP4_EN.EXE

If you already have the virus, and need to remove it, download this file:
http://www.lamerc.com/uploads/stinger.exe

It scans for, and repairs the Blaster, and many other common viri like code such as Klez, Nimda, Bugbear, ect...so it's a handy file to keep around.

Hope this helps.

Tracker
August 13th, 2003, 11:16 PM
thanks I will try it I have already did everything..I just hope it dont come back..

LA_MERC_RPSNIPER
August 14th, 2003, 01:19 AM
Do those files prevent you from getting the worm or do you only download them if you have the worm?

LA_MERC_Mercy
August 14th, 2003, 04:41 AM
it will do both henry so get them even if you dont have the worm yet..

DTA
August 14th, 2003, 06:15 AM
Thanks MadMAX you mercs are better than the health department

LA_MERC_MadMAX
August 14th, 2003, 06:21 AM
RP,
The patches keep you from getting it, and the stinger gets rid of it.

So get them both just in case :)

-FA- hoody
August 14th, 2003, 09:58 AM
MadMax, I dont think I have the blaster but I think I have something similar to it. I am on a different computer, just letting you know so nothing confuses you. When I try to start up my comp it will do its normal thing and the show the big Intell Pentium 4 processor logo and then it will go to the Window's XP Proffesional logo with the blue bar going across at the bottom to show u its loading, but then when its supposed to go to your log on screen, it reboots instead. And it does this over and over and over and over. I cant log on to Windows much less get on the internet. Any idea what my problem is?????

LA_MERC_MadMAX
August 14th, 2003, 03:47 PM
That sounds like it could be a whole host of different things - from something frigging up your Windows Installation to a hardware issue like something gone funky on the mobo, or more commonly a stick of RAM.

Have you tried going into Safe Mode? Hit F8 right after post...should take you to a start up menu. See if you can get into safe mode - might be able to tell you more if you can. If you get into safe mode, and everything seems normal there, you can try using System Restore in XP to go back to an earlier restore point. May help, may not. Let me know what you find out.

-FA- ManiacalClown
August 14th, 2003, 04:22 PM
If you think Stinger will help you with Nimda, you're living in a fantasy world.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
August 14th, 2003, 04:31 PM
A. I am a IT Professional - I deal with computers/viruses all day, everyday.

B. I don't believe in fantasy worlds, therefore, I'm not living in one.

C. I was just trying to help you guys if you got he worm.

D. I was just quoting what the stinger said.

SweetGirL
August 14th, 2003, 04:35 PM
owned i say ... OWNED hehehehe u can get up now clown....

LA_MERC_Spark
August 14th, 2003, 05:27 PM
ooooooohhhh take dat j00 f00!

:owned

LA_MERC_Sniper
August 14th, 2003, 05:34 PM
yeah and all i can sy is got the virus and the patch wrked woohoo

-FA- ManiacalClown
August 14th, 2003, 08:36 PM
If you're actually infected with Nimda, you wouldn't be able to run the program to begin with.

LA_MERC_Mercy
August 14th, 2003, 08:37 PM
nope you can if you reboot into safe mode...then you can run the program to remove nimda

LA_MERC_MadMAX
August 14th, 2003, 09:23 PM
Ty Mercy...

I have succesfully removed the Nimda Virus from about 50-75 computers since it first started floating around...not neccisarily with THAT stinger, but I HAVE removed nimda quite a few tiems :D

LA_MERC_MadMAX
August 14th, 2003, 09:24 PM
And actually, you might not even have to boot into safe mode - depends on what Nimda actually did - i've been able to boot normally, but have little "envelopes" all over the place...

-FA- hoody
August 14th, 2003, 10:51 PM
na man, i've tried rebooting in safe mode and every other mode under the F8 menu. Every time I try one it reboots. There are like 10 or so things under the F8 menu and none of them work. I don't know man.....i'm so confused.

-FA- ManiacalClown
August 14th, 2003, 11:32 PM
The only possible explanations I have is that security patches, etc etc etc have limited the maliciousness of Nimda because when that sucker first appeared, it was pretty hopeless.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
August 15th, 2003, 06:08 AM
Yeah, it's STILL pretty nasty, I've just never seen it keep a machine from booting (on it's on)...
It usually just goes crazy emailing stuff, dropping files all over the place like rat droppings (Nimda Droppings) and will make a bunch of wide open network shares on your machine...

LA_MERC_Dirge
August 15th, 2003, 06:40 AM
Boot to the head lmao

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==