PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!

Cozmo
August 3rd, 2003, 07:36 AM
I recently put a 2.6 Ghz P4 hyper threaded Processor, a new MSI p4 mainboard, 512 ddr ram, and a few more things. I have to format my hard drive, and i want to backup some files on it. How do i do it the easiest? I heard that i can hook it into another hard drive some how as F drive or similar... But what can i do?

Cozmo
August 3rd, 2003, 09:10 AM
without using a zip drive

LA_MERC_JESTER
August 3rd, 2003, 09:47 AM
why do you have to format the harddrive to add that stuff....

if nothing else man burn them to a cd, easiest and fastest way. Other than that, there are a couple of ways to do it.

BTW do you have your harddrive set with two partitions? C: and D:
if so move everything to the d:

Cozmo
August 3rd, 2003, 10:19 AM
How can i do that/// if i can't put my hard driive in the comp and start it? I thought i had to format it cause of the new board...

LA_MERC_JESTER
August 3rd, 2003, 01:45 PM
is it xp? if so all I have every had to do is call and get them to give me a new install code. Or are you using the hacked out version of xp

JUNKY
August 3rd, 2003, 02:36 PM
If you have pre servicepack 1 XP you could only change 6 major devices at one time or XP wouldn't run-- I thought they corrected that in SP1

Toby--got any ideas?

And Cozmo--I don't see why you can't put the drive in your PC as a #2 Drive and tell your PC in BIOS to boot from the other drive.

Cozmo
August 3rd, 2003, 09:29 PM
I fixed it... I called Microsoft and got install code, then formatted Drive c. Thanks for your help.

LA_MERC_JESTER
August 4th, 2003, 07:05 AM
no problem dude?

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==