PDA

View Full Version : NEED MONEY COME FIND JESUS`

LA_MERC_JESTER
July 31st, 2003, 02:27 PM
QUOTE FROM THE FRONT PAGE OF TODAY'S NEWS STAR

"Greenwood Acres Full Gospel Baptist Church will pay white people to attend services during August to increase the diverstiy of it's congregation. Bishop Fred Caldwell said he will pay $5.00 per hour for Sunday Services and $10 per hour for the tuesday service at the church."

I wish that I could say that I made this up but that my friends is an exact quote.

I know about this church its over in Shreveport. Right off the interstate. They have 3 services on Sunday all at least 2 hours and the tuesday night deal is 2.5 to 3 hours. Hey that is almost 250.00 dollars a month. We need to get this to tylerdurden that is enough money to get him about 3 months of broadband. Praise the lord he might be saved to the light of roadrunner still. *i think it is time for me to spin and fall out now."

Corp
July 31st, 2003, 02:37 PM
Are u for real Jester??

LA_MERC_JESTER
July 31st, 2003, 03:04 PM
i swear man frontpage of the paper here in monroe

roXet
July 31st, 2003, 03:11 PM
yeah, I heard about that on the radio....

Tracker
July 31st, 2003, 03:24 PM
OMG..I cant beleive that. I just dont know what this world is comming to. So one will have to pay to go to church

zeatoR
July 31st, 2003, 03:26 PM
Sounds like all the typical churches around here.. usually they try to rip you off, except this one is just paying you. There isn't a single "real" church anywhere around.

LA_MERC_Mercy
July 31st, 2003, 04:06 PM
yeah i saw that too..im going on thursday night..it pays more:D

Mrs.B[s]
July 31st, 2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by zeatoR
There isn't a single "real" church anywhere around.

That is one of the stupidest things I have ever read. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but that is ridiculous.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
July 31st, 2003, 04:38 PM
lol...Mrs B. I think what Zeator was TRYING to say is its very difficult to find a place of worship where all you do is worship. I had my faith crushed years ago by a member of the church. Never really recovered from it.

Scott

Mrs.B[s]
July 31st, 2003, 05:14 PM
LOL...BB, how did I know that you would have something to say! I think I read too much into his words.

LA_MERC_JESTER
July 31st, 2003, 05:18 PM
man not to get into religion but, well. I was at one time a youth pastor and had been for 5 years. That was all I ever wanted to do and all that I would except for my life. Well, my x-wife started seeing this other guy because she did not want to be married to a minister. My church then asked me to leave, give up on everything that I had devoted my whole life towards. It's one thing if I had felt God say move on, or even if I had done somthing myself, but nope not cause my wife wants to get hoey on me.... so I know that nothing hurts worse than getting hurt by the one place you are to feel loved and safe. They were my friends and there were my family and when I needed them the most they fired me? hugh chip on the shoulder here........

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
July 31st, 2003, 05:38 PM
:D Mrs.B...why whatever do you mean?
I hear ya Jester....

Scott

zeatoR
July 31st, 2003, 07:59 PM
Big Brother is right, I did mean it is hard to find a church where all you do is worship. I've been to several different churches (about 8 or so), and at every single one of them.. all I heard about was money. This one church (no names going to be said) took TWO offerings. All the others were asking for donations over and over, and asking you to write out checks or give them cash right then.

Therefor I refuse to go to any church anymore because all of it seems to be a scam. :)

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 31st, 2003, 08:07 PM
Well heck, that's why you can get those worship cd's, so you can do it on your own.

NoXiOuS
July 31st, 2003, 08:07 PM
im unemployed. id go to a church for 5 an hour.
im down.

Tracker
July 31st, 2003, 08:10 PM
Yeah if it pays cash put me down. I can go and get some good laughs...

LA_MERC_RPSNIPER
July 31st, 2003, 08:15 PM
Let me tell you what. This tread is really ticking me off. I was raised in Church and I really don't like some of the things being said in here. I would really like to reply to this but it would just make things worse. I will say this. Don't judge every Church or every church going person by the actions of a few. I believe in God and I believe in giving to the church. With that said I am closing this thread. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs but this is not the place to discuss them. If you feel like discussing them with someone here then I suggest pm's or icq or something along those lines.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==