PDA

View Full Version : whats the command for...

eNdOfBeGinNinG
July 12th, 2003, 10:09 PM
Whats the command so I can switch to my primary/2ndary/and knife fast? With out having to press the key and then click mouse.. know what I mean? lemmie know if you need me to explain better.. thnx

eNdOfBeGinNinG
July 12th, 2003, 10:12 PM
nm i found it thnx

Crazy White Boy
July 13th, 2003, 08:58 AM
tell me holmes i wanna know

Apocalypse
July 13th, 2003, 09:17 AM
CWB, type this in your console to activate fast change of weapons

hud_fastswitch 1

Iccey
July 13th, 2003, 10:34 AM
as soon as u find out apoc let me know

Crazy White Boy
July 13th, 2003, 10:47 AM
Aweseome! Thanks Bro

cd
July 13th, 2003, 11:02 AM
omg h4x... ahhhh
/me types in console :D

yester
July 13th, 2003, 02:55 PM
Become super-leet, play with your console commands.

Bind a key to the command "stopsound". This will help you edit out all those ambient noises that get you so distracted when you play. I have it bound to the back button on my intellimouse. Use it often.

Make sure to set "hud_centerid 1" this will cause the name of whoever your crosshair is on to appear in the center of the screen. Really helpful when you have low visibility walls like fences that you can shoot through because it will display the enemy's name.

Yeah, and "hud_fastswitch 1" is a blessing too. If you don't use it, you're going to die alot. Also, make sure that you have a key bound to "Last weapon" via your controls configuration in the main menu. Really helpful when you run out of bullets with your primary, as you can pistol whip people before they even know what's going on.

If for some reason your weapon model has swapped to being left handed, you can swap it back over by using an option on the Advanced menu in the Controls configuration menu. It makes a big difference in your perception if you use right handed models when you're left handed, and vice versa, 's good to get em straight.

Hope these little tips help you out CWB. Get good.

cd
July 13th, 2003, 09:47 PM
only map i find myself ever using stopsound on though is aztec.. the crickets and what not are annoying as hell.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
July 14th, 2003, 07:29 AM
Does stopsound edit out voice chat, or is it only for the map sounds?

LA_MERC_LaTech
July 14th, 2003, 07:54 AM
map sounds only. You can mute players in game by hitting Tab then clicking on the speaker next to the names (I think)

yester
July 14th, 2003, 11:41 AM
In the heat of battle, if you have someone that's really annoying by talking alot and you don't want to mute them... for instance, if it's a teammate yelling about how they're coming bridge while you're trying to listen/pay attention for an enemy at the double doors. You can rapidly use stopsound to "mute" the teammate. Not exceptionally effective, but it's alright.

Another nasty technique that can help you out... bind a key to say "/me". This works on servers with the statsme mod. (Like the merc server). It'll tell you if you hit the last enemy you shot at and where you hit them. This is very handy to know how much health your opponent has left. Also it's helpful to just know if you hit them or not. The best way to use this is to teamsay "/me" so that the enemy doesn't know you're doing it. Sneaky, but ultimately helpful.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
July 14th, 2003, 01:34 PM
Sneaky isn't the word I would use....More like exploitive. There is a reason youre not supposed to know what the hp of your oponent is.....

Scott

LA_MERC_Mercy
July 14th, 2003, 03:22 PM
yep i would have to agree there bb..by im ahead again

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
July 14th, 2003, 04:12 PM
HAX!!!! HOw you post 15 times in the short time Ive been gone? I wanna be a forum admin so I can hax my post count too.:(

Scott;)

LA_MERC_Mercy
July 14th, 2003, 04:42 PM
no hax here....been straight posts boon...you will never be the master of posts and threads while im around...

LA_MERC_Mercy
July 14th, 2003, 04:42 PM
oh...its 21 times now...

eNdOfBeGinNinG
July 15th, 2003, 12:19 PM
with spam like that mercy no wonder you winning ;P

yester
July 16th, 2003, 10:10 AM
I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...I'm a boon...

cd
July 17th, 2003, 12:30 AM
Very clever... Tom doesnt have access to his forum account anymore.

-FA- ManiacalClown
July 17th, 2003, 01:33 AM
I don't think it's necessary to point out the immaturity there, but I will anyway because I care that much.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==