PDA

View Full Version : New Official Map Released

LA_MERC_Onji
July 11th, 2003, 10:21 AM
BF1942: Battle of Britain Released

Grab it here (http://www.lamerc.com/files/patches/Battlefield_1942/bf1942_battleofbritain_map.exe) or here (ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/misc/bf1942_battleofbritain_map.exe) 44.3mb

<blockquote>England's Darkest Hour, Your Finest Moment

Great Britain’s mighty empire is on the brink of collapse as wave after wave of German Luftwaffe bombing raids take their toll on the coast of England. The Axis goal is to soften British defenses in preparation for an eventual, all-out invasion. Only the brave men of the Royal Air Force stand in the way.

In the new Battle of Britain map for Battlefield 1942, the Germans must disable the Royal Air Force's (RAF) four coastal radar towers as well as the Harwich Weapons Factory. Protected by several anti-aircraft batteries, the factory will be no easy target for the Luftwaffe. If the British can defend the objectives until the German tickets run out, they can wrest victory from the jaws of defeat.

To make it more interesting, The Battle of Britain map brings two powerful new weapons to the fray. Players on the German side can unleash the devastating attack of the Junkers Ju88 (see image), a heavy bomber used in every theater of WWII. This versatile aircraft holds a crew of four, one pilot/bomber and three gunners, making it a formidable force in the air. Balancing the odds, the British get the all-new Radar Tower (see image) to help counter this attack. When you enter a radar tower, your game map includes a radar sweep that detects any vehicle above the radar. But be wary -- the radar does not sweep the skies below the tower, creating a significant gap through which German bombers can make a stealthy approach.

In the new Battle of Britain map for Battlefield 1942, whether England falls into darkness or rises to victory is up to you.

The Battle of Britain Map will be available FREE for download on July 11, 2003 right here from battlefield1942.ea.com.

NOTE: THIS MAP WILL ONLY WORK WITH PATCH 1.4 INSTALLED. IF YOU HAVE NOT YET PATCHED YOUR GAME WITH 1.4, THE MAP WILL NOT BE PLAYABLE.</blockquote>

http://www.lamerc.com/users/onji/bf_new_map/bf1.jpg
http://www.lamerc.com/users/onji/bf_new_map/bf2.jpg
http://www.lamerc.com/users/onji/bf_new_map/bf3.jpg
http://www.lamerc.com/users/onji/bf_new_map/bf4.jpg

LA_MERC_Onji
July 11th, 2003, 10:30 AM
from what i've been reading, this map is freaking huge!! and its not one of those just stand by the flag maps. you have objectives, very sweet, cant wait.

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 11th, 2003, 10:56 AM
Looks cool, but historically speaking, the Germans didn't know the British ahd radar technology until it was too late to do anything about it. lol That was why the blitz of London stopped... The Germans were getting chewed up because the Brits knew when they were coming... and the Germans had no idea how. hehehe

Sorry about the geek rant. :nerd:

cd
July 11th, 2003, 11:30 AM
Leave it to Dirge to point out historic flaws in the video game ;)

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 11th, 2003, 12:55 PM
Just when I thought I could a little sleep they release something even better. For the past 2 weeks I've got zero sleep because of 1942. The game is a blast. Last night I got someone else hooked. His name is Stephen Milam (a.k.a Peanut) Some of you got to play cs with him last night. He's hooked now, and we're oredering computer parts for him to build a machine this weekend. He got an awesome sniper kill against a German on slaught that was a fierce 32 on 32 hell storm os war. I was scared that it would be too much too fast for him but he hunts so he had scope skills and would perch on ridges inside bushes and pick'em off. I feel asleep at 1 and I think he played on through the night. His days os sanity are over. lol. And its my fault, muh ha ha ha ha ha .

LA_MERC_Onji
July 11th, 2003, 01:31 PM
hey andy, be sure to get on the TS server with us so we can all hook up on the same server

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
July 11th, 2003, 02:25 PM
Andy did jump on the TS server, its just that Onji left right before he did..

Oh yeah Andy.. next time before you pass out, tell Peanut which key drops a weapon, which one reloads and how to unzoom.. LMAO.. I tried telling him the defaults but nothing worked so I just had him switch to the pistol till he died.. hahaha

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 11th, 2003, 08:00 PM
LMFAO, Peanut doesn't know what letters are. I have to point to keys and tell him things like, this key makes you switch from rifle to pistol, he says wow, I say this one makes you switch to knife, he says cool, i say this one makes you jump, he says, get out, I say yeah you can even croutch, he drops his mouth in amesment.

Just kidding. We went to Hooters right before that and he made me drink too much Killians, then we went and bought a case of MGD in bottles and it didn't take but 5 or so and Andyconda went lights out. He was on his own.

Also, I'm helping him get a system. I like the Chieftec cases, abit motherboards, AMD processer, corsair memory, and evga vid cards. ANy one got any other suggestions. I also love newegg and and getting a cart full ready to order. Give me any tips if you got'em. Thanks.

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 11th, 2003, 08:19 PM
DO NOT get an ABIT board. It fries capacitors faster than chicken in the ghetto!

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 11th, 2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Dirge
DO NOT get an ABIT board. It fries capacitors faster than chicken in the ghetto!

mine works great :p:

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 12th, 2003, 01:50 AM
Mine too, for a long time now. Even with my over clocking.

LA_MERC_LaTech
July 12th, 2003, 06:48 AM
DANG! 44MB?! That's a huge map!!!!!

wookie
July 12th, 2003, 07:33 AM
what servers do you MERCs play on?
I wish to go up against you's guys.

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
July 12th, 2003, 07:43 AM
Look on our Status page :)

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==