PDA

View Full Version : Stacking

Tracker
June 22nd, 2003, 04:37 PM
Is it just Stacking when the odds are agains you.Or is it stacking when three good peps are against five bad peps..??

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 22nd, 2003, 05:23 PM
You ask 2 questions and have a yes/no question! The other 2 answers are givens

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
June 22nd, 2003, 05:54 PM
if its 3v5 and your getting owned on the 5 person team it's time to go play something else.

Scott

Tracker
June 22nd, 2003, 06:46 PM
not what i am asking b00n...I am asking IF you are on the team with the 3 people and the other team is saying you are satcking,is it still stacking??OK for the slow ones in the back..Lets say that Toby Stacy and Mark are on one team and there are five peps that are not that good on the other team...still with me? would that still be stacking???;)

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
June 22nd, 2003, 06:50 PM
no....suck it up. If one of the three wants to switch thats cool but if I'm owning you and the teams are numericaly in your favor don't count on me switching unless it's just a blood bath. Change tactics, stick together, throw rocks and bottles...do SOMETHING diffrent.

Scott

Tracker
June 22nd, 2003, 06:56 PM
You are clinicaly insane...that is my opinion...:)

Beavis
June 22nd, 2003, 07:05 PM
:stu

Tracker
June 22nd, 2003, 07:28 PM
Well I just had a great example..I was in a game where it was 20 and 2.Now I dont know about the rest of you BUT I think it was stacking.And the funny thing is ,half of the people that were on the winning team get mad when the teams are stacked against them.I did say something, but with a score like that no one should have to say anything..Or should they?After I said something one person changed..lol...I dont know but it is funny the way people are.............I think this is why alot of people are takeing a break from CS..

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
June 22nd, 2003, 07:33 PM
I don't see where that would ever happen, my team is uaually the one losing

MadOne
June 22nd, 2003, 07:38 PM
This is a never ending issue with no winners and no losers, both parties are right in there opinions. So Mike, take some time reflect on how you feel about stacking and then find ways to make it right for you. As long as you can sleep peacefully at night with your choices, then your in the right frame of mind. If you are on the "stacking" team and you want to switch, then do so, if your on the opposing team then think, do i wanna play right now? or find a way to even it up, your skills with the awp have improved greatly, use that as an equalizer if you can. But the lesson here, in my opinion is to be happy with your choices...

my 2 cents....

Mark

Tracker
June 22nd, 2003, 07:45 PM
well I think that we need to be adults about the stacking issue.It is my belief that we as MERCs can stop this all togather, and just a side note Mark I can sleep good at night. I started this tread to open eyes to the issue again.Maybe the ADMINS that are on at the time can deal with it.I know everyone will agree with me that 20 and 2 is just down right ridiculous...and that is all I am going to say about this.I will never bring it up again...Mike out`

CoF
June 22nd, 2003, 07:52 PM
yeah i was on the winning team with 2 others who were doing pretty good as well i was 2nd on the team why should i switch i chose the team i wanted to play as simple as that. not my fault if the other team doesn't do good. on either side i'll do just as well and when i get on a team were good people are against me i don't leave unless i'm just completely sucking in which case i'll take a break until i'm back on my game. there will never be a map were both sides win equally and if it is it's only because the good people keep going back and forth between teams which i see no point in doing. im getting kills on this side why go over there and get kills when it's still going to be me or whoever else who is good doing the damage on either side. one of my new sayings i geuss will be "if you suck you suck if your good your good if you don't like losing i suggest finding a game were you can win every time. or get better." and that is in no way aimed at anyone in particular. just the way i see things in the realm of the darkprowess...

Tracker
June 22nd, 2003, 08:04 PM
Dude you have no concept in what i am trying to say.....

CoF
June 22nd, 2003, 08:09 PM
yeah... could be... =/

-FA- ManiacalClown
June 22nd, 2003, 08:26 PM
Auto Assign, dudes.

LA_MERC_Spark
June 22nd, 2003, 08:26 PM
staking: when it's 8 on 5.....When one team has 1 or more peeps floating at spwan....When all Mercs are on one side.. I've been guilty of stackage, and I've also left the game after going 1 and 30 as a result of stackage... I say I don't care... Say something once...ask for some help...if nobody switches or joins...soda break ensues....

Cypher
June 22nd, 2003, 09:07 PM
OMFG...

WHINE

by the way, I think "bighead is a nub" should be one of the options on EVERY poll in the forums. Somebody add that to the code so it's automatically added as an option... :)

j/k I luv you biggie :)

SnAkEbItE
June 22nd, 2003, 09:17 PM
Well here is my 2 cents. One if you are on the side of the the powned round after round it get's frustrating because as a general rule it's a team of new players that are just learning to play.
If your on the powning team side it's like blood before a shark and frenzy kicks in a it's a opertunity to build your ego and stats a little. I have been on both sides of the fence and I dare say it's more enjoyable being the powners. However here latly when I'm on the receivng end I look at it as a chance to build my team leadership skills as well as my own ability's and skill. Also it's great patience builder. All in all this is a subject that even I have brought up before and the answer to this is there is no answer this is something that has been going on since games were invented. Be it football, baseball or CS there is allways going to be one side better than the other that's how we established who wins and who loses. We can end in a tie and sometimes we have to just suck it up go home doctor our wonded pride and come back again another day to exact vengence. Say and the next lan when I see Biggie and this time I really do open up a can on him. W00T!!!!

Just kidding man you know I love you fool.

bighead
June 22nd, 2003, 09:41 PM
DOH! everyone likes to pick on me :cryy :cryy

Maximus
June 22nd, 2003, 09:48 PM
it's all about da man luv biggie!!!

Jubae
June 23rd, 2003, 03:47 AM
"watch your cornhole dude"

The stacking in server probably explains my drinking problem..................er...................no, nevermind.

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 23rd, 2003, 07:52 AM
This is my feelings on stackage:

I hate it. If one team is going 2 and 20, there is obviously a disparity between the skills of one side vs the other. When this happens, I usually get upset and say something like, "Teams Gentlemen" or "Someone switch, or I will switch you"...something really nice so as to not upset anyone. If nobody switches, I do my part as an admin. If, however, I am on the owning side, I usually switch (unless biggy beats me to it!) as soon as I die.

Nobody likes to be owned round after round...but, as someone said, there is no solution to this problem that is fair to everyone.

Auto assign doesn't work half the time because it doesn't take into account the SKILL level of the players. It's mostly concerend with numbers (I think...if worng, sorry).

LA_MERC_Sabre
June 23rd, 2003, 08:34 AM
team stacking is pointless, and all it does is get the pwned side irratated, frustrated and makes them not want to play...i know cause i get pwned wether on the stacked or un-stacked team...lol. As for me, i generally choose auto unless i see mercs on one side then i will try to get on that side.

-=C.O.P.S=-KOrruptED
June 23rd, 2003, 08:39 AM
I think on pub servers it should automatically auto-select you, this way nobody can complain about stacking. If the admin thinks the teams are still stacked they can switch people.

Tracker
June 23rd, 2003, 10:14 AM
That is my point Thank you. I think the opp.to chose should be taking out,and only opp. should be AUTO..There all done;):):):)

Cypher
June 23rd, 2003, 10:28 AM
fine, tracker -- but that would only fix the situations where the number of players on each team is unbalanced. It doesn't fix the situation where one team r0x0rz and the other team sux0rz (and the numbers are even). That would also mean that if someone on the pwning team wanted to switch to the losing team to even up the skills, he wouldn't be able to.

Ultimately, it's up to the players to keep it fair. If your team is owning the mess out of the other team, switch teams and help the losers. If you're getting owned to the extent that the game isn't fun for you, don't whine -- leave the game. Have a sandwich. Watch tv. Experience sunshine (what's that?). Then re-join the game and play some more.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

LA_MERC_Onji
June 23rd, 2003, 10:44 AM
we tried almost every suggestion that has been made

we had a script that would balance teams according to how well they were doing, everyone hated it and it got taken off

we had a script that would autoselect your team when you joined the game, but you could manually change teams later if you wanted to anyway, again everyone hated it and it got taken off

this issue comes up like every 3 or 4 months. no matter what we do to fix it, people complain about it and it just goes back like it was. then 3 or 4 months later someone complains. Lets just skip all the drama and not do anything lol

Tracker
June 23rd, 2003, 11:04 AM
I dont care if that is how everyone feels than that is cool. I will not be the one switching anymore,I like playing the game ,and the reason I switch is BC i feel bad when someone is getting owned round after round.Also Cypher,I am not whineing about anything,I started this post to open the eyes of everyone that we as MERCs can fix the prob ourselfs.We dont need the ADMINS to switch us.I hate it everytime someone trys to bring a point up,someone always says "stop whineing" I will never be the one to bring this up again.

Cypher
June 23rd, 2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Tracker
Also Cypher,I am not whineing about anything

Sorry I wasn't very clear -- I wasn't directing that post at you in particular. That was to everyone who DOES whine like crazy about stacking.

Tracker
June 23rd, 2003, 11:22 AM
ok,sorry man...it is just a bad subject I guess..I still have much love Bro..

uuee
June 23rd, 2003, 11:37 AM
auto join

-FA- ManiacalClown
June 23rd, 2003, 01:28 PM
I was going to switch teams yesterday, but every time I died the other side had a man up on us so I couldn't.

And then there was like 2 minutes left so I stopped caring. :(

Jubae
June 23rd, 2003, 02:04 PM
Just for the record, every time I join the server I auto join, hence why I am always on a losing team ;) just kidding, but no if everyone would just blindly auto join we wouldn't have this discussion every couple months. But hey, I am not telling anyone what to do, or saying I have the answer. But it works for me.

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 23rd, 2003, 02:10 PM
As do I, Jub...and it works well for me as well.

SnAkEbItE
June 23rd, 2003, 02:57 PM
Not me I try and join the winning side every time that and my h4x i have killer stats....woohoo...

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
June 23rd, 2003, 04:58 PM
I also auto join most of the time. Try this....pick a gun your are not very good at and only buy it. Try the TMP or MAC 10 or UMP. You will get owned alot at first but its really satisfying when you start dumping f00s with a peashooter. It makes you more tacticaly sound too. Ive done nothing but M3 all month and it's almost to the point where the other team hears the M3 go off and it's like "There goes BB again." LMAO!!! It kinda takes the sting out of the stacking issue and focuses on something else.

Scott

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==