PDA

View Full Version : SWGAlliance

LA_MERC_Mercy
June 17th, 2003, 03:47 PM
come check it out if you are planning on playing the game...its at

www.swgalliance.com

Very nice site that Sortie has setup for the game...this way we can keep up and post playing times and setup missions or groups to adventure with out on the plains of Naboo, or the desert wastelands of Tatoownee?

i suck at spelling...

anyway come check it out.

LA_MERC_Spark
June 18th, 2003, 03:56 AM
cool man....very cool...(my wife is gonna @*$&^#^%!!!)

Pentagram
June 18th, 2003, 10:06 PM
This game is going to rock, I just reserved a copy from EB Games...It will come in the day before it is released(I hope..). The only thing bad about it is that you have to pay to play it, but i think it will be worth it. If anyone is going to play let me know and we will hook up. :D

SnAkEbItE
June 19th, 2003, 01:40 PM
Ok I don't get it, you spend 50.00 for the game and then you have to pay anywhere from 15.00 a month to 12.00 to play the game. OMG I for one find that just stupid, I will not pay to play anything period. It's bad enough you have to buy the stinking thing for 50.00 and then have to pay to play it? I love starwars and have ever since I seen New Hope in 1977 and I own ever movie in different media from vhs, Laser Disk and DVD and now this no I refuse and I say no more.

Sortie
June 19th, 2003, 03:04 PM
It is a MMOPG. Which means that there is upwards of 5000 people playing on the same server with you simultaneously. The cost to provide the bandwidth and the shear server pwoer required comes at great costs to the providers. I dont mind paying $15 a month for this type of service.

Also, the game is mostly server side, so cheats are so far and few between that you dont have to worry about it near as much as you would a game like Counter-Strike.

LA_MERC_Onji
June 25th, 2003, 07:47 AM
OK!! Bighead I'm going to kill you. Freakin peer pressure. I'm getting the game. I also got approval from the woman this morning. bah!!! hehe

bighead
June 25th, 2003, 10:31 AM
w00t~~~~

Sortie
June 25th, 2003, 12:47 PM
One more day guys !!!! woot

SnAkEbItE
June 25th, 2003, 01:06 PM
Ok I broke down and got the game now I guess we will see how I fair.

bighead
June 25th, 2003, 03:21 PM
we also need to decide on what server we are going to play on. as well as planet to start on. Sortie any ideas?

LA_MERC_Mercy
June 25th, 2003, 03:33 PM
http://www.swgalliance.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=51

Cobweb
July 25th, 2003, 03:58 PM
Me and about 10 friends are playing on the Radiant server, send me a tell if you decide to play, the name's Shif!

LA_MERC_Mercy
July 25th, 2003, 05:41 PM
lol..we are all playing on the wanderhome server...

DeadDOG
November 30th, 2005, 02:57 PM
i played SWG untell SOE updated it and just able killed the game.

i have been looking for a new MMORPG and have found it.
www.darkandlight.com

and have been looking for more members for our guild "theForsaken"
http://www.darkandlight.net/forums/clans.php?do=view&clanid=663

i was Dekamore a Master Bounty Hunter Force sensitive working on my last unlock to become jedi. on the Tempest server before they made the Combat update.

LA_MERC_Drifter
December 1st, 2005, 11:52 AM
Same it was fun untill the update.havent play my MBh since..This is Heater ..lol forgot to login. :shootme:

cd
May 2nd, 2006, 04:51 PM
Bah, those who USED to play and quit with the CU in May of 05 need to come back, the game has made great strides. I recommend playing on the Bloodfin server in the offchance anyone tries it out. $15 bucks for the first month and you get to download the game at no cost.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
May 2nd, 2006, 05:43 PM
PFFT!!! That game was irrepairable the patch after JTLS. Too bad too. I LOVED that game for a long long time. Now it's all about WoW...for now.

cd
May 2nd, 2006, 10:12 PM
See, I tried wow and HATED it.

I enjoy the crafting aspect of SWG mostly though. But it's very pvp heavy now. They're moving towards quest based to level like WoW though instead of grind based.

Jedi is now a starting profession.. but for the most part they keep a balance between the professions. They knocked it down to 9 professions, like I said, it's worth trying out. You can download the trial for free for like 2 weeks. DO IT SCOTT.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==