PDA

View Full Version : "LASER"

Rooster
June 9th, 2003, 12:29 PM
Well guys I am going to get my LASIK procedure done in about 1 hr. I will let ya'll know how it goes.

http://www.barbneal.com/wav/ltunes/foghorn/fogleg58.wav

:eek:

LA_MERC_Dirge
June 9th, 2003, 12:40 PM
w00t What time can I come over to watch you run into the walls? And do they let you keep that lampshade thing so you won't scratch your eyes?

Maximus
June 9th, 2003, 12:43 PM
Well, when you can see what I wrote, respond back tellin me how it went, etc...I wanna know everything...I'm thinkin about gettin it done...I'm tired of glasses and I'm annoyed with contacts! Holla back!

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 9th, 2003, 01:02 PM
Me too man, let me know how it goes! I HATE my cotacts...even though they are better than spectacles

LA_MERC_Maverick
June 9th, 2003, 04:55 PM
Hope everything went well :D

bighead
June 9th, 2003, 05:28 PM
I can't get it done..my eyes are too screwd up :(

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
June 9th, 2003, 10:05 PM
I need to get that done too. if it works for you, let us know all about it. if it doesn't, well....guess you won't be posting here anymore

Rooster
June 10th, 2003, 11:07 AM
Everything went fine, just feel like I have a pebble in my right eye (normal eye irritation after the procedure), and that is starting to feel better too. The left eye feels normal. Eyesight is much improved, probably 20/20. Was 20/400 right eye and 20/600 left eye.

The procedure itself felt strange, but it only took approx 15 minutes for both eyes. Gotta put prednisone drops (steroids to decrease inflammation) and antibiotic drops in my eyes every two hours while awake.

Other than that I am very pleased with the outcome.

LA_MERC_Yankee
June 10th, 2003, 02:24 PM
Glad to hear everything went well. Should've played some CS last night to even up the odds for me killin ya.

LA_MERC_Sabre
June 10th, 2003, 03:57 PM
congrats man, i know alot of people who are unsure about that procedure. i'll let them know about you.

LA_MERC_RPSNIPER
June 10th, 2003, 04:55 PM
Glad every thing went well man.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 10th, 2003, 10:11 PM
Glad it worked for you and that it went well, I'm a 4-eyed g33k 4-life.

Maximus
June 11th, 2003, 04:23 AM
So did it hurt? How did the procedure feel? I really wanna know, cuz if it hurt anything like gettin my wisdom teeth taken out by a military doctor, then I'll think MAYBE twice before I just go out and do it! ;)

Maximus
June 16th, 2003, 10:03 PM
Hey Rooster, just wanna check up on you to see how yer eyebawls are doin!!! They healin up alright and stuff?

LA_MERC_Dirge
June 16th, 2003, 10:33 PM
Well his pool game is suffering.. But on the way to play pool from eating berled crabs and drinking beer, he wasexclaiming "I can read the names of the Hotels downtown as we cross the MS river bridge!" so I guess they work ok! ;)

Rooster
June 16th, 2003, 10:54 PM
wtf......I just left you and you are dissing me???

For you guys:

My eyes are fine, no probs. Excellent recovery, very attentive Phys.

Can't complain, considering they corrected my vision and I don't need contacts or glasses right now.

Eye irritations was the greatest thing that I experienced.

I would recommend the procedure if you felt comfortable with the person you were looking at.

Remember....all they do is make educated guesses. They are just more educated than you are, and that ain't saying alot.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==