PDA

View Full Version : installing map

uuee
June 3rd, 2003, 09:52 AM
hey guys.. im at a friends house helping him install the maps and such and so we dont have to go through all the 7ish places to put the maps... can someone tell me the correct place to install the maps to? thanks

-=C.O.P.S=-KOrruptED
June 3rd, 2003, 09:55 AM
.bsp go into cstrike/maps

LA_MERC_Maverick
June 3rd, 2003, 11:53 AM
if youre installing the maps from our files section, most of them have installers that install the maps into the correct places for you, all you have to do is direct the installer to your counter-strike folder (or in some cases your counter-strike/cstrike folder)

LA_MERC_Sabre
June 3rd, 2003, 12:57 PM
FORMAT C:/

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
June 3rd, 2003, 01:20 PM
Yeah, I've been lazy and haven't made any custom installers. :( I'll go back and take most of the zip files and turn them into self extracting zip files to make it a little easier on you nubs.. :stick ..

uuee
June 3rd, 2003, 01:49 PM
some of the self extractors ive downloaded extract to the wrong places.. and this makes me angry haha like the ret pack from the counterstrike people extracts into program files >_<

LA_MERC_JESTER
June 3rd, 2003, 08:32 PM
I have installed all the maps from the site and put them in the right place and i still have to wait for a download when joing some of the games it takes like 15 mins sometimess... why would that be

LA_MERC_Mercy
June 3rd, 2003, 08:37 PM
check and see if it created another cstrike directory in your main cstrike directory...some of the installers got screwed up and created its own cstrike directory ie:

C:\SIERRA\Half-life\cstrike\cstrike for mod or

C:\SIERRA\Counter-strike\cstrike\cstrike for retail.

if you see this, just highlight the second cstrike folder and copy it and its contents into the main cstrike folder

-FA- ManiacalClown
June 4th, 2003, 12:11 AM
self-extracting ZIPs would be marvelous since I can't get PKZIP to work on my account for some reason, and I'm too lazy to log on to admin. :)

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==