PDA

View Full Version : KaZa A Warning !!!!!

Lt.Dan
May 26th, 2003, 04:59 PM
In the last few days I have been hit 3 times with viruses from the KaZaA network. These viruses are not listed as high threats but they are still viruses. From downloading music to programs to pics of intelligent woman, I am getting hit. Be up to date with your Norton virus lists my friends, I think this is an attack by corporate terrorists trying to stop KaZaA. Reason why I believe so is these viruses are designed to cripple KaZaA and not your system, meaning less of a chance for lawsuits or people investigating and tracing down attacks.

The last attack I got was during the down load of Ad-ware Pro 6….I got the W32.Hllp.Spreda virus, which Norton picked up but was unable to access due to the file being copy right protected. So I just deleted “My Shared Folder” from KaZaA, that fixed it.

PS. my file downloading does not represent my Clan or any of its sponsors, nor are they aware that I participate in file sharing, I under stand that the distribution of files may or may not be legal....but I do it anyways :)

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
May 26th, 2003, 05:18 PM
lol...nice disclaimer.

Scott

wookie
May 26th, 2003, 05:30 PM
i dont steal, i Download!
:nox :bigok :nerd :cheers :drunk

Beavis
May 26th, 2003, 06:21 PM
Norton was poping up as soon as I closed it, I just uninstalled Kazaa.....

Maximus
May 26th, 2003, 09:28 PM
I don't steal, I "backup" ;)

Trey, I use WinMX now and I don't hafta worry about all the spyware crap that comes with Kazaa...It's just too much of a pain in the rear...I like WinMX...I highly recommend it! Very fast for me!

uuee
May 26th, 2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Big_Brother
lol...nice disclaimer..

I was thinking the same thing.. Do these viruses make Kazaa preform critical errors... over and over and over.. ive had that happen a few times in the past days.. not to say ive been downing 'explicit pictures' :blue:

Madnote
May 27th, 2003, 03:42 AM
come to think of it i downloaded kazaa twice in the past and both times i had to uninstall and delete due to it just screwing up on launch. A virus might be the problem and its not too insane to think corporate america might be behind it all...stop charging 14 bucks for a cd you make for less than 3 and maybe ill buy all my music...maybe.

LA_MERC_Dirge
May 27th, 2003, 06:35 AM
nubs www.kazaalite.com

no spyware no viral infections...

Death-Speak
May 27th, 2003, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Dirge
nubs www.kazaalite.com

no spyware no viral infections...

Good call D... you beat me to the punch. This is what I use and I likes it. Kazaa Lite = teh winnar!

cd
May 27th, 2003, 09:46 AM
Yup... It's a conspiracy... I'm sure that "the man" is working in conjunction with corporate american to stop this downloading...

Corp
May 27th, 2003, 09:58 AM
kazaalite page seems to be down at the moment

Corp
May 27th, 2003, 10:07 AM
ummmmm how does WinMX work lol i am used to kazaa

Corp
May 27th, 2003, 10:09 AM
nm i figured it out hehehehe

Captain
May 27th, 2003, 10:53 AM
i use imesh never had a problem with it so far

Lt.Dan
May 27th, 2003, 12:03 PM
Hey I am using KaZaA light

[lag]Cronus
June 26th, 2003, 12:10 AM
Yeah I have gotten one virus through kazaalite (by the way the latest version is awesome) Can't remember what it was though. No biggy, it was easily removed manually. Caught it in the act when supposedly executing a self-extracting file, which appeared to do nothing. I actually got caught up in file sharing a little to much, as I started downloading common stuff through kazaalite. I was downloading the latest verion of quicktime, think it was 7.0, which did not exist. Next time I will go to quicktimes website for the latest version. Anyone else ever do that, or am I just crazy?

LA_MERC_Sabre
June 26th, 2003, 06:36 AM
me thinkx you lost yo mind.

-FA- ManiacalClown
June 26th, 2003, 12:54 PM
I use WinMX for what little file sharing I do.

The majority of my music is ripped from the CD myself. After all, there's no better way to ensure great quality!

-FA- Kodachi
June 26th, 2003, 01:57 PM
what happen to when we used to just take the cds from the store instead of dlin em :confused: :confused: :sad

Lt.Dan
June 26th, 2003, 10:53 PM
What happen to good music????? What happen to me not caring about the rich getting richer????? What happen to me not wanting the same bad music force fed to me????? What are u crazy, you’re just now asking yourself "what happen to buying Cds"? Earth to Kodachi, this has been going on for years now, and its not going to stop either, no matter what you hear. To hell with these corporate guys and there greed, because in the end, if you watch the news and read a little, they are the ones who are complaining about file sharing, oh and Lars.

Musicians are not going to see Dime one from these lawsuits. Oh and Speaking about musicians, have any of you watched MTV Cribs? If you have watched it than you are quite aware of how rich musicians still are. Wow I can’t believe it, I don’t feel sorry for sharing files and, wow, musicians are still getting even richer.

Don’t know if you are siding with them or not, but just remember they would probably never come to your defense, what ever it may be. Siding with these guys is a mistake. When is it enough for them, how many millions do you need? Don’t believe the lies about how bad CD sales are, it’s not true. I work for Best Buy and our sales have not dropped at all, and that is on a national level, not just my store.

Anyways, sorry for the rant, every time I am reminded of how the NAZIS want to take away everything from us, I get a little mad. It’s not just the Music they want to stop it’s all of it, they want to stop the Information from flowing. They want to stop us from communicating, expanding our concepts, and feeling free. They want us to be nice consumers, watch TV, buy there bad music and be happy while they take all our money and mock us with it. In the future, if this type of control continues, all our Money will be diverted from our pay checks to there banks. We will be slaves to them and why, well....... because I wanted to be a ballerina dancer, but no daddy would not let me, its always about what he wants, what about me!, what about me!, ahhhh ahhhh ahhhh alkdjfal;ksfjlakjsdflj………..mmmmm well that’s all I have to say about that.

-FA- Kodachi
June 26th, 2003, 10:57 PM
whos said anything about buying cds? lol
i said take :D

-FA- Kodachi
June 26th, 2003, 10:59 PM
btw lay off the pixie sticks =\

-FA- ManiacalClown
June 27th, 2003, 12:34 AM
Someone needs to get the Justice Department to investigate the RIAA on having a monopoly on the music industry, and I think it just might be Pearl Jam who do it if they go indy (which I think they will).

They took Ticketmaster to court, after all.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==