PDA

View Full Version : Enter the Matrix game - best platform for play... EXCLUSIVE INFO FOR US!!!

IamTylerDurden
May 13th, 2003, 02:34 PM
This is the email i sent to the press guy for atari who handles all press and public relations for the game, and also his response back.

Some of you may find this VERY useful!

----------------------------------------------------
#1 email from me to him --

Hi Matt,

My name is Josh Hamrick, I'm a 22 year old gamer in South Carolina and I WILL BE going to buy enter the matrix this Thursday!!!

What I was hoping to be able to find out from you is what you and/or the programming staff who made the game would consider the BEST platform for me to buy the game for.

I own an Xbox and of course a PC. I'm just not sure which I would come out better with.

I'm leaning towards the pc, simply for the reason of updates and perhaps bonus features, but I was really hoping you could steer me to a final decision on this before Thursday.

Thank you VERY VERY VERY much!

Josh

IamTylerDurden
May 13th, 2003, 02:35 PM
#1 reply from him --

Well, the game is exactly the same on all platforms except for graphical performance. Given the power of the Xbox, the difference from Xbox to PC is not as dramatic as it from say PS2 to PC.

It's really up to you -- for my personal preference, I love to play 3rd person action games with a console controller, esp. for executing different fighting moves and for the driving. I play on Xbox because of that and because Xbox supports 720p HDTV mode -- and I play in widescreen. =)

- Matt

IamTylerDurden
May 13th, 2003, 02:37 PM
#2 email from me to him --

So is there really not gonna be any updates/patches or add ons that i need to worry with???

If not then I will go with Xbox, unfortunately i dont have HDTV but I do have a wega with widescreen support! and I agree with the whole driving on the controller, and for some reason i was thinking 1st person and i would like the mouse and keyboard better, but 3rd person changes things!

So what do you think on the updates and stuff?

and thanks for your help by the way!!!

as a side note, what other games do you play???

Josh

LA_MERC_Onji
May 13th, 2003, 02:38 PM
cool, but i'm still getting the pc version :)

IamTylerDurden
May 13th, 2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_IamTylerDurden
Given the power of the Xbox, the difference from Xbox to PC is not as dramatic as it from say PS2 to PC.

by the way.. i think he's saying the PS2 SUCKS!!!

IamTylerDurden
May 13th, 2003, 02:42 PM
#2 reply from him!--

Well, we haven't announced anything on update plans. So I don't really have an answer on that.

I'm a big sports gamer... NBA 2K3, NFL 2K3 etc etc. But my real bread and butter is first person shooters -- can't tear myself away from them...

IamTylerDurden
May 13th, 2003, 02:44 PM
#3 email to him --

One more thing on enter I just though about... its in 5.1 surround on xbox right???

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
May 13th, 2003, 03:08 PM
ok...where is the "do you play CS" and "why don't ypu play on MERC?"

Scott

IamTylerDurden
May 13th, 2003, 03:21 PM
also, if you play CS.. you can come play on our clan server..

209.209.214.5:27015

www.lamerc.com

Omega_Prime
May 13th, 2003, 05:06 PM
sorry but the ps2 does not suck, it has the best games to date and if it sucks so bad why is it still the number 1 selling console? im not dissin cube or x-box but come on both systems were released a year after ps2 and you have to admit the ps2 has won this generation console war. also the x-box is is a mini pc nothing more, to me its for online gaming not console gaming.

IamTylerDurden
May 13th, 2003, 05:14 PM
LOL>.. PS2 is still a developers nightmare compared to the xbox, and i disagree with the better games.. they just have more of them right now....

but the point is this is about matrix.. lol.. i was just picking on all the PS2 people because of that comment he made, which was obviously stating the graphics for PS2 could not compare to xbox and pc.

Omega_Prime
May 13th, 2003, 08:51 PM
like i said yes the graphics are a lil better on x-box that system was made a year after the release of ps2, a developers nightmare yes at first but trust me square has had no problems with it so it dont matter to me, the only reason i got one is for final fantasy and squaresoft games mainly. the best rpgs are on ps2 period! only other console i got is cube and for zelda only!

IamTylerDurden
May 13th, 2003, 09:10 PM
AHH.. see im all about the 1st persons... and thats on the box...

but a little better??? come on... we both know its a LOT better!!! lol...

to each his own.. console

wookie
May 14th, 2003, 04:33 AM
im gonna have to side with the ps2, even though i have all 3.
To me, The Gamecube is my Nintendo system.
The Ps2 is the system i own more games for, and also my DVD player.
And, the Xbox is just a space filler right now.

LA_MERC_Dirge
May 14th, 2003, 06:23 AM
I still dont see how someone can say 1st persons are better on a console... The only controller config ever worth a dang was the Nintendo 64 for Goldeneye and Turok... Otherwise everything is out of place and the PC setup is always superior.

LA_MERC_Onji
May 14th, 2003, 07:02 AM
Keyboard and Mouse 4 ever!

Ac3DH4quR
May 14th, 2003, 08:58 AM
no ps2 dosent suck , far frum it, me love it.. i love first person shooters, specially CS , but i am also, a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE rpg fan.. i can play those for hours, well good ones, like FFX =) and that new one ceoming out.. some weird Online thing Xbox making fer Xbox live.. but i want FF11 online to come out, when it does, me buying it =).. then prolly quit and play CS. like always =P

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==