PDA

View Full Version : Heard the saddest thing today

Cypher
May 4th, 2003, 09:13 PM
I was in Best Buy looking for a CD changer for my car... this other guy was in there looking at their car CD players. He was definitely young; I'd guess somewhere around 18-20. He was talking with one of the Best Buy sales guys, and he was reading the list of features for a particular CD player that could play mp3 cds. He turned and asked the salesman...

"What is MP3?"

I couldn't believe it. Yea, sure, I consider myself in the technically-advanced crowd, but still... I didn't think there could possibly be a soul on earth between the ages of 10 and 50 who hadn't at least heard of MP3 before.

Bulldog
May 4th, 2003, 09:15 PM
*shakes head*
I don't even know what to say to that.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
May 4th, 2003, 09:32 PM
I know people who have never seen a PC much less know what an MP3 is...seriously!

Disorder
May 4th, 2003, 09:55 PM
when i was looking for a boost gauge for my car i went into pep boys and asked the guy if they sold boost gauges and he looked at me funny and said whats that? i thought maybe he knew it as something else so i explained what it is and he was like oh i dont think we sell that kind of stuff here im not really sure what that is sounds like that import stuff. holy crap i couldnt even say anything. this guy was in his late 40's early 50's.

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
May 4th, 2003, 10:47 PM
I'm come to expect this since it was in South Carolina..

Traffic must be hell over there.. I mean with all the short busses on the roads and stuff.

Originally posted by LA_MERC_Cypher
I was in Best Buy looking for a CD changer for my car... this other guy was in there looking at their car CD players. He was definitely young; I'd guess somewhere around 18-20. He was talking with one of the Best Buy sales guys, and he was reading the list of features for a particular CD player that could play mp3 cds. He turned and asked the salesman...

"What is MP3?"

I couldn't believe it. Yea, sure, I consider myself in the technically-advanced crowd, but still... I didn't think there could possibly be a soul on earth between the ages of 10 and 50 who hadn't at least heard of MP3 before.

-=C.O.P.S=-KOrruptED
May 5th, 2003, 06:24 AM
Guyz my boss doesn't even know how to change staples in his stapler.

Disorder
May 5th, 2003, 09:49 AM
did they recently switch over from swinglines?

-=C.O.P.S=-KOrruptED
May 5th, 2003, 09:54 AM
:D I don't have enuf time to tell you the rest of the stuff he doesn't know how to do :rolleyes: :p:

IamTylerDurden
May 5th, 2003, 06:02 PM
Toby... Toby... Toby...

I can say the one thing that is definitely ridden more than a short bus is your momma!!

and besides that, have you seen the size of some of our guys from SC? Huh, skinny boy!

CoF
May 5th, 2003, 06:31 PM
toby isn't skinny and he a coony so he may show you sc boys how we do it in da south YA HEARD ME!!!

IamTylerDurden
May 5th, 2003, 06:44 PM
Explain to me how SC isnt in the south???

IamTylerDurden
May 5th, 2003, 06:44 PM
Explain to me how SC isnt in the south???

Bulldog
May 5th, 2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by CoF
toby isn't skinny and he a coony so he may show you sc boys how we do it in da south YA HEARD ME!!!

Louisiana = South
South Carolina = South
he a coony = ?????

All I know is that I don't wanna piss him off if he's anywhere close to an AWP.

Besides Louisiana rocks.
You guys have gator wrestling, and fan boats.
We just have cow tipping. Although it's hilarious it gets old after awhile and eventually farmers start shooting at you and stuff...

After thinking about this post though I realized I have relatives that probably wouldn't know what an MP3 is so I'm not gonna say too much about it, lol. They are all significantly older than the guy in Best Buy but still...

IamTylerDurden
May 5th, 2003, 07:55 PM
exactly.. older is a good excuse.. this is NOT!

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
May 5th, 2003, 08:55 PM
SC isn't south, they just happen to be below NC so they "PRETEND" to be south of something but we all know the truth.

Nobody does it like TRUE southerners..

We are Party harder, longer and just plain "have more fun" .. We are more friendly (then again, from what I hear, tyler is pretty "friendly" but we are a different kinda friendly.. the friendly as in "hi, nice to meet ya" kind.. lol).

Also, don't mess with a cajun if you don't wanna end up in a new recipe .. not only will we cut you up and cook you, but we'll feed you to your family and relatives and THEY'LL LIKE IT.. :laugh:

Bulldog
May 5th, 2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
the friendly as in "hi, nice to meet ya" kind.. lol.

not only will we cut you up and cook you, but we'll feed you to your family and relatives and THEY'LL LIKE IT.. :laugh:

Hate to see what would happen if he wasn't friendly....

bighead
May 5th, 2003, 10:04 PM
UMmmm we were one of the FIRST southern colonies. So nub we were the south when your state just had gators and crawfish living there. So step back f00! Just because your south west of us doesn't make you southern, just makes you ignorant :D

LA_MERC_MadMAX
May 5th, 2003, 10:18 PM
Yeah, ever heard of Charles Towne, later known as Charleston?

Oops, sorry, history major coming out in me again.....lol.

BTW, I think Thomas Jefferson Purchased Louisiana from France on April 30,1803 which is some 200 years after the first americans landed at Charles Town.

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
May 5th, 2003, 10:51 PM
And Jefferson was from Virginia soooooo.. What would be the point that he aquired the Louisiana Purchase?

Only reason that Charles Town was one of the first Settlements was either because the English settlers didn't know how to steer a boat or that they were to lazy to travel FURTHER south from where they initially landed.

But really, I wasn't really trying to bring history into this thread.. I mean sheesh, the past is the past, just cause you momma had you as a baby doesn't mean that I hold that against her.. LMAO.. What I'm referring to is the present.

As far as ignorant goes, I'm not skered to test my .. uhh.. "lack of education" against any one of you b00ns

Bulldog
May 5th, 2003, 11:12 PM
SO....
How bout them Braves?

Disorder
May 5th, 2003, 11:35 PM
loooozeeeana(however you guys say it) = used to be french...do dodo do do doooo

IamTylerDurden
May 5th, 2003, 11:51 PM
be careful toby.. some of us may actually have a "long bus" education that you are not prepared for foo!

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
May 6th, 2003, 12:20 AM
hmm... well tyler, I was the one directly called ignorant so that should be the other way around

Not saying that I may not "lack knowledge" in something things, just that I'm not skered to find out what they are or just how much I may not know on the subject.

SgtJeff
May 6th, 2003, 03:12 AM
So, what was an Mp3 after all??? LOL!

bighead
May 6th, 2003, 05:34 AM
toby=gulf coast yankee :D Toby if you want to have a battle of wits on the subject i'm all for it. But remember you started bashing the true southerners. Not the other way around. :D

Bulldog
May 6th, 2003, 05:43 AM
Actually I was wondering that too. From hearing Toby talk on the server he didn't sound like any cajun I ever heard. Are you originally from Louisiana?

IamTylerDurden
May 6th, 2003, 06:10 AM
LOL!... Just be careful what state you pick on!... I hear South Dakota can be funny!

LA_MERC_Dirge
May 6th, 2003, 06:22 AM
Have you ever heard an actual Cajun? Toby has a distinctly cajun influenced accent, but not completely. As for the history, yeah Jefferson purchased LA in 1803, but LA was settled over a hundred years before that... And if you want to get that picky, then the Attakapas, Caddo, Shawnee, Choctaw and others whose blood runs in a lot of LA people were here well before Charles Towne. TOby refers to something most of you have never experienced- the LA culture, food, and fun.

As we say we're in it for the joie de vivre and Laissez les bon temps roulez! (That's Cajun French, not Yellow French)

Bulldog
May 6th, 2003, 07:30 AM
You're right, my bad.
SC was totally uninhabited during thousands of years that the native americans inhabited Louisiana...
hehe :)

Hey I figured something out!
a. You guys like your state better than ours.
b. We like our state better than yours.
(nobel prize material here)

It's natural to want to defend the state you were born and raised in. If I lived in say.. Arkansas for example. I would defend it (thank God I don't have to).

As earth shattering as this revalation is... can't we just accept it and still be friends? I'll even agree to call Louisiana my second favorite state, because you were right Dirge. LA food and culture is really cool.

By the way... is there anywhere in Monroe to get some REAL good Gumbo? (without any south carolinians chopped up in it preferably)

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
May 6th, 2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_bighead
... But remember you started bashing the true southerners. Not the other way around. :D

I'm still at a loss of how I started bashing true southerners? lol.. Could someone point this out to me?

I think you need to talk to Tyler, my friend.. he said something about my momma then sent me and icq at the same time to let me know he was joking and I did the same on my next post. I don't see where u got off calling me ignorant but thats all you.

bighead
May 6th, 2003, 10:19 AM
I dunno about any icq's but what i do know is a: i was joking about you being ignorant, you know that b: both states are in the south, so we all are southerners. C: both states have culture, food, and atmosphere that makes the states unique. D: erase the hate E: toby h4x F: dirge pooped his pants again :D

eNdOfBeGinNinG
May 6th, 2003, 10:45 AM
G: WTF!?!? YOU FREAKIN ARGUIN' OVER BEING SOUTHERN!!! Dear Lord people!!! This has to be the saddest threat..ever...EVER!! LoL If they want to be called "more" southern, then hell GIVE IT TO THEM!! lmao me and lauren Gettin a kick otta this.. maybe cuz i'm "northern"!! Canuck I bet i'm more northen then you bahahaha

IamTylerDurden
May 6th, 2003, 03:30 PM
We all friends here EoB.. cus we are all southern...

you on the other hand....

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
May 6th, 2003, 03:32 PM
EOB shouldn't even be allowed to reply to this thread.. LOL :stick

bighead
May 6th, 2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_EndOfBeginninG
G: WTF!?!? YOU FREAKIN ARGUIN' OVER BEING SOUTHERN!!! Dear Lord people!!! This has to be the saddest threat..ever...EVER!!

Threat? what threat? LOL :D is that suppose to be thread? then I see the school system you went to taught you well, since you can't even spell thread, nub. We are not arguing over anything. We're simply joking with each other..sheesh. Just like a Canadian to stick his nose where is doesn't belong.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
May 6th, 2003, 04:26 PM
And toby, I didn't mean any offence in my post either - I spent 4 years of college as a history major learning obscure facts and dates just to pull out of my hat at an opportune time :-)

All of America has a vast cultural history, from the Native Americans who were here before ANY europeans to the first spanish explorers, to the French explorers, to the English puritans looking for a place for religious freedom, to the Africans who were captured and brought here as slaves (insert interesting fact: All slaves during the Colonial period were NOT neccisarily black OR African, there were many slaves from very undevleloped Eastern European contries as well) to all people from many, many different lands and cultures that came to America, NSE&W for whatever reason. The mixture of cultures is what makes the USA so wonderful. You always hear people, especially older people from around here talk about how they wish "all the forigners would just go back where they came from"...well that just about includes EVERYBODY! America is a great place to be, and it's a great place to study cultures, and how cultures interact with each other.

So let's all be friends.

Peace \/

Bulldog
May 6th, 2003, 04:32 PM
I agree with Toby.
You guys need to go argue about which canadian providence is best or something.

Ontario (Well we have more trees!)
Quebec (oh yeah well... we share more border space with the U.S.)
Ontario (good point...)

hehe :)

Disorder
May 6th, 2003, 04:38 PM
im from florida i dont know how to count

eNdOfBeGinNinG
May 7th, 2003, 12:30 AM
went to school in the south for 8 years.. thats well over half my school lifetime... told u south is k0r|_||D3d

bighead
May 7th, 2003, 03:22 AM
well like they say, you can bring a horse to water but you can't make him drink

eNdOfBeGinNinG
May 8th, 2003, 12:46 AM
in other words you can bring me to the south, and never touch the dam thing ;)

bighead
May 8th, 2003, 05:11 AM
???? in other words u r nub that i think i'll drop off in AL :D

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==