PDA

View Full Version : DVD HELP!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE LOOK!!

CrAzYbOnEs
April 26th, 2003, 06:14 PM
yo guys i really need some help please this time. i just went out and bought a Sony DRU-500A model dvd burner Specs. DVD +/-RW , +/-R/ Cd. well heres the problem i have a Toshiba 1600 and the burner came with a DVD+RW so i could use it to burn things on . well what happened is that i could burn the cd but itd only work on my dvd burner but not my dvd player. so i did a search on my dvd player and found out that toshiba 1600 only works with DVD , DVD-R so today i went out to look for some then i ran into another problem is that i cant fit a Movie on one 120 min cd , so heres my question does anyone know how to fit a movie on a 120 min cd DVD-R???? PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!
thanks,
crazybones

Reign
April 26th, 2003, 07:52 PM
not to be rude but have you tryed contacting the manufactures of your hardware, they should be able to give you the best answers to your questions, it has been stated towards others in the past, and i am not trying to be rude, but this isn't a troubleshooting or help forum. if someone can answer your question and all then i'm glad you got it solved, but i would still suggest contacting the manufactures of your drives cause like i said they "should" not saying they will but should have the best solutions for you

CrAzYbOnEs
April 26th, 2003, 08:04 PM
well i already contacted them once , and i must say they are the dumbest people ive ever talked to. i think they find people off the street and give them a phone . i only ask u guys cause i know u know more than i would about pcs.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
April 26th, 2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Reign
not to be rude but have you tryed contacting the manufactures of your hardware, they should be able to give you the best answers to your questions, it has been stated towards others in the past, and i am not trying to be rude, but this isn't a troubleshooting or help forum. if someone can answer your question and all then i'm glad you got it solved, but i would still suggest contacting the manufactures of your drives cause like i said they "should" not saying they will but should have the best solutions for you

It did come off as rude though,
Seems to me there have always been a lot of "can you help me with my computer" threads and MOST people are nice enough to try to help folks who have a problem, most of the problems are figured out.

I have no experiance at ALL with DVD-R/RW drives, but bighead has one, so maybe he will chime in here and help.

I'll will tell you what I do know, second-hand. There are different types of burnable DVD media, and I do know that there are some compatabiliy issues between some of the different media types, and some of the different playback devices. I also know that burnable DVD media isn't large enough so that you can simply copy a store bought DVD as you would a CD. I know there is software avaliable so that you can rip the DVD, and then use movie editing software/special burning programs to compress the video data (which always mean lower quality, even if it's barely noticable) to allow a full length movie to fit on one side of a burned DVD.

This is about the extent of what I know, but like I said, Bighead has a DVD burner, so maybe he can help a little more.

Jayson

bighead
April 26th, 2003, 09:49 PM
yea there are several different types of formats that dvd players will read. If you have get a newer one. be sure and read what formats they will read and let me know. I'll give you the right program for whatever you need. Just get in touch w/ me.

CrAzYbOnEs
April 26th, 2003, 09:49 PM
oh i forgot to tell u im not actually buyging the dvds and riping em , im downloading em off the internet and burning them..... if that helps.

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
April 26th, 2003, 10:10 PM
dvd r blanks are only 4.7gigs. Most movies are over 4.7gigs in size because of all the trailers and other things that they add onto the movie dvd itself. You'll have to rip the .vob file that is dirrectly associated the movie itself which is usually easy to find because its the biggest vob file out of the 5-6 that their might be..

Well, without going into more detail, try checking out this page for more info.. I learned everything about dvd burning from a friend of mine that does it over a mac so it will be different for u but the same concept so try to see if this page will help.. http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdripping

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==