PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Sunder!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
April 21st, 2003, 09:14 PM
WOOHOO, the chip arrived today...MAN that was fast!!!

Up and running now, just got XP loaded...got set back a little by working until 10 w/ the net admin in the dusty a$$ server room over in BIGHEADS building...all that freakin dust came out yo noggin I think...lol. No really, a UPS was bad and we decided to clean while we were there...

Anyway, during my break (read time between getting off work, and going back to work) I decide to go shopping for a new HDD instad of using that old ATA66 5400RPM rattletrap of a 20G I was using, and went to Circuit City...there I was greeted by several Western Digital "Special Edition" drives w/ the 8MB buffer...I wanted one so bad, but just quite couldn't afford it, so I got a regular 7200RPM Western Digital 60G for $99...get to the truck and was bored waiting on Henry and decide to open the box to check it out (don't really know WHY I wanted to look at a HDD), and the first thing I see in the box is a little pink slip of paper that read:

"ADDED BONUS: You have just recieved a higher perfomance hard drive at no extra cost! The drive you have recieved is a Western Digital Special Edition hard drive which features an 8MB cache buffer...bla bla bla bla bla..." by this time I'm doing all kind of dances in the parking lot w/ people looking at me funny...lol. Kinda felt like I'd won the lottery or somthing...w/ all the bad PC luck I'd had lately...

Thanks to Sunder for providing my with a 1GHz PIII and thanks to WD for providing me w/ a free upgrade to a Special Edition Drive (which was really my mom's birthday present to me anyway...)

Sunder
April 21st, 2003, 10:07 PM
Cool deal bud show me the pics when you get that critter slaped together...your welcome bud. It makes me feel good that I can help some one out..:blue:

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==