PDA

View Full Version : Where can u find new skins?

Beavis
April 21st, 2003, 08:48 AM
I;ve search the net for new skins, all i find is mostly default stuff,
I dont want a whole pack, just basically the main guns i use.

Any suggestions?

LA_MERC_Onji
April 21st, 2003, 09:09 AM
ive been using the realism pack for a couple yrs now
http://www.lamerc.com/files/misc/CS_RU_V1_1.exe

Rooster
April 21st, 2003, 04:36 PM
http://skinshack.counter-strike.net/main.htm

You can try some here, thats where I just got alot of mine

LA_MERC_Spark
April 21st, 2003, 04:36 PM
www.csnation.net is ok... clan of the dead goat gun shop also has a couple cool skins.. not sure about the URL..

Allforone
April 21st, 2003, 08:35 PM
download the donkey pack
redoes all player/weapon skins, and has all new sound sprites to guns except ak...very nice pack..ive been usin it for a few months..and i like it.

be easiest to find on google..i dloaded off a foreign site cause the rate was good and was only place i could find it without lookin through forums forever

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
April 21st, 2003, 11:00 PM
donkey pack screws with slower computers...BEWARE.

Scott

Apocalypse
April 22nd, 2003, 01:27 AM
Ok, I've been using the regular counter-strike skins since i've started playing...onji, i d/led that realism pack...i ran the set up but i dont notice a difference in the game.....what else am i supposed to do??? or if anyone can help me out and just explain how to replace skins for guns or players or whatever

LA_MERC_Spark
April 22nd, 2003, 10:30 AM
I didn't use any packs, but I've changed all the skins individually. Very time consuming... You need to replace the original files with the new ones. for example if you want to change the t's or ct's you go into c:SIERRA\Counter-strike\cstrike\models\players.. now simply copy the mdl file of the character u want to replace and save it just in case.. replace it with the new mdl file..u then need to do the same with the TGA files c:SIERRA\Counter-strike\cstrike\gfx\vgui For weapons u may need to replace several different files depending on the skin. some include new sprites and sounds..each weapon has associated p_ v_ and w_ files. Thing is that not every skin has all these files.. the result ius that the weapon will look different if u see it on the ground or in another players hand than it does in urs. I've also found out that there are 2 v_ files. One for left and one for right.. on most of the skins I've replaced they were backwards. to fix this I simply switched the file names. an example would be v_ak47.mdl v_ak47_r.mdl.. try the skin out ... if its in the wrong hand, just switch the _r ... As u can see this process is very time consuming.. and be sure to save the original skins.. there are some cool ones out there... silent ak47. silent deagle..ect my ct's are FBI team, and the t's are middle east extremeist

Allforone
April 22nd, 2003, 11:05 AM
extract the pack into the counterstrike directory

Rooster
April 22nd, 2003, 11:57 AM
make sure to save the original skins to a separate file incase you need backups. I did the same thing you did Spark, took me abot 4 hrs to get it all done

LA_MERC_Spark
April 22nd, 2003, 12:58 PM
yeah.. none of the packs i found had the exact skins i wanted so i took the long a perilous road....

Beavis
April 22nd, 2003, 02:24 PM
thank you guys, i found some skins I really like

Maximus
April 23rd, 2003, 12:01 AM
hey Alien, what skins did ya get and where did ya get em?

Beavis
April 23rd, 2003, 12:37 AM
I got some from skinshack, and the csnation, follow the link in the above threads.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==