PDA

View Full Version : WindowsXp update for CS..

Swampdog
April 16th, 2003, 03:30 PM
Hey people...
I was Curious is there a Counter strike update for windows xp systems??....

LA_MERC_Onji
April 16th, 2003, 04:34 PM
nope, same cs for all windows os's

Swampdog
April 16th, 2003, 04:39 PM
...i thought i read something ..that there was a patch for windows xp...that will fix the many many errors and problems with it...like loss of packets and the diabling of QOS patchet scheduler....

Cypher
April 16th, 2003, 05:46 PM
There are some registry and config tweaks that you can do in XP that will improve performance in CS (and most other online games). That's probably what you're referring to. Some of these other guys (or Google) can probably help you find a web page with a lot of XP tweaks and stuff on it that might help you.

Captain
April 16th, 2003, 10:48 PM
i got Xp and my CS and everything runs great... i have never really had any problems... other than bein chocked back to 60 fps all the time until Nvidia came out with new drivers to give the option to turn vertical sync off....

Swampdog
April 22nd, 2003, 11:43 AM
its all good.... just curious is there patch for us that run dial-up if i enable the QOS patchet scheduler its wigs out and i get disconnected................well i guess no one has a answer.........

Sunder
April 22nd, 2003, 03:36 PM
you turn off QOS patch scheduler, and a few other things that run in the back ground...that require bandwith...then your ping will settle and you will have less disconnects

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==