PDA

View Full Version : Phone bill

Cypher
April 8th, 2003, 10:27 PM
I just got this phone bill:

Your residential statement for account number **********
is now available for viewing on the BellSouth website.

The statement amount of -$18.44
is due and payable before the next bill cycle.

I wonder what they'll do when they receive my check for negative eighteen dollars and 00 cents?

Jubae
April 8th, 2003, 10:46 PM
lol w00t, that means they owe you a credit b00n!

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
April 8th, 2003, 10:55 PM
D00d...you would RULE if you sent them a check for -18.44!!!! I can see the script line: "negative eighteen dollars 44/100"....OH, you gotta do it!!

Scott

LA_MERC_Dirge
April 9th, 2003, 06:47 AM
Ummmm? Why is this so confusing? If you would have written the check for the right amount in the first place, you wouldn't be causing all this grief for our accounting department!
:stick

Jubae
April 9th, 2003, 07:49 AM
:owned:

Cypher
April 9th, 2003, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Dirge
Ummmm? Why is this so confusing? If you would have written the check for the right amount in the first place, you wouldn't be causing all this grief for our accounting department!
:stick

actually, I closed the account completely halfway into last month. But I had already paid for the whole month.... that's a credit for the part I had already paid for but didn't use.

Cypher
April 9th, 2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Big_Brother
D00d...you would RULE if you sent them a check for -18.44!!!! I can see the script line: "negative eighteen dollars 44/100"....OH, you gotta do it!!

Scott

I'm a little scared that some b00b bank teller would take 18.44 OUT of my acct without paying attention. Then I'd have to fight the bank, insisting that I intentionally wrote a check for a negative amount... at some point, I'm sure the humor of the situation would be lost on them.

Oh, what the heck... it's 18 bucks... lol

Jubae
April 9th, 2003, 09:43 AM
It would be so worth 18 bucks to screw with the bank and have to make a teller call in a manager cause they don't know what to do with a negative amount of money lol.

Cypher
April 9th, 2003, 12:43 PM
lol true

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
April 9th, 2003, 04:09 PM
Well, at the top of the check write VIOD in red when you send it. That should take care of the prob AND you get your joke!

Scott

Omega_Prime
April 9th, 2003, 04:16 PM
i hate dealing with bellsouth. twice now i have sent my bills off on time and made out the correct amount, and twice now have the disconnected my service, twice now have i called them to let them know how very mad and disappointed i was, and twice now have they told me how sorry they were. but if it happens again i will just say goodbye to bellsouth and go with someone else if i can. i know i will drop my internet and go with bayou.

LA_MERC_Dirge
April 10th, 2003, 07:16 AM
Write VIOD on top?!? LMAO Ting of Kypo's strikes again! ROFL Hey Omega, have you paid online? It's a lot easier and instant! You can pay by check or credit/debit card www.bellsouth.com

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==