PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Use Opera?

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 31st, 2003, 09:13 PM
Just downloaded it, and it seems like an AWESOME web browser, only downside is it ISN'T free, but seems well worth the money...

Seems cool and fast, check it out...

Jubae
March 31st, 2003, 09:29 PM
Yeah man I used to use it like around version 4 or 5 or so. Yet I found that then it was bulky and the features kind of got in the way. Yeah it is worth the cash, but see if you can't find a serial somewhere first before you drop the 20 bucks or whatever it costs cause free is always better ;)

roXet
April 1st, 2003, 07:23 AM
I've been using Mozilla for a good while, and the new version (1.3) is awesome. Their email client now has junkmail filtering built in, and it rocks. I no longer have to sort through like 60 spams a day to find the few messages that I *might* want to read. =)

LA_MERC_Dirge
April 1st, 2003, 07:35 AM
Speaking of spam, does anyone know a good way to stop some of this garbage? The mailguard with bellsouth.net (seperate company, I have no influence) blows donkeys. I HATe getting 60+ spams a day.

LA_MERC_Yankee
April 1st, 2003, 12:18 PM
Bellsouth.net does not equal Bellsouth?? Hmmmmm. The charge for ISP is still on the Bellsouth phone bill. Something fishy here. :)

roXet
April 1st, 2003, 12:48 PM
stop spam from coming in all together? change you email address and guard the new one with your life. You don't know the pains I've gone through to prevent certian "forward happy" family members and family friends from getting my address. My mom forwards me stuff sometimes and it gets all over me.

If you just want to keep from seeing the spam, try mozilla 1.3. The Junk filter really does rock. Also, you could check out mailwasher, I've heard it's good too.

LA_MERC_Mercy
April 1st, 2003, 12:54 PM
yeah i have been using mozilla some myself...it is very good, and pretty quick on bring stuff up. I havent tried the email function yet, but i will probably set it up tonite...

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==