PDA

View Full Version : Help for n00b

gesikah
March 24th, 2003, 10:44 AM
I don't know if this is the right place for this or not. If not just do with it what you will. :-)

Believe it or not, I am completely new to online gaming, well pretty much to pc gaming in general. My game experience on the computer is limited to Zoo Tycoon and Snood.

So here is my question, does anyone know of some place that I can read up on online gaming etiquette? I mean some of it is common sense, like you don't quit the losing team and join the winning one. If it is 7 players against 3, you don't join the team with 7, etc. But I am sure there are very specific instances where a person could inadvertantly do something that appears butthole-y, when in actuality, they just don't know any better.

If anyone has any pointers, they would be greatly appreciated. :-)

LA_MERC_Sabre
March 24th, 2003, 10:49 AM
you could start with our rules forum, click on the link @ top of page. Basically don't be a butt head. If someone asks you to stop doing something (especially LAMERC's) then you are probably doing something wrong (at least when on our server). just have fun and remember that this is a family server.

LA_MERC_Mercy
March 24th, 2003, 11:35 AM
dont shot me...and you will do fine...:D

-=C.O.P.S=-KOrruptED
March 24th, 2003, 11:47 AM
yea don't kill Mercy, he'll call u a h4x0r and ban u :p
j/k Just remeber these are real people you are playing with, just because there's no real physical contact doesn't mean it gives you the right to act like a moron.

roXet
March 24th, 2003, 11:48 AM
Mercy, I don't think you'll have to worry about her shooting anybody for awhile. =)

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 24th, 2003, 12:17 PM
pwned... ;)

roXet
March 24th, 2003, 12:17 PM
tech, sun tzu r0x0rz!

gesikah
March 24th, 2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by roXet
Mercy, I don't think you'll have to worry about her shooting anybody for awhile. =)

Ok, buttmunch. That's ok though, because if you talk to loud we will just have to play some chess. :p

And I almost killed someone last night, thankyouverymuch.

but yeah, mercy, you dont' really have to worry about that much. :-)

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
March 24th, 2003, 12:24 PM
gesikah, I'm sure you will be killing them soon enough.. Just follow behind me when u see me on the server and I'll soften them up for you ;)

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 24th, 2003, 12:34 PM
LOL...you funny gesikah. Toby (illegal op) is right....just follow him and he'll cut a path with that d4mn AWP. Although I taught him a lesson last night with the para....OMG!!! That was hilarious!! EoB and I couldn't stop laughing.

Scott

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
March 24th, 2003, 12:38 PM
Hey, I'm good with other weapons.. Ask biggie what happened on 16fighter.. hehe.. Oh yeah.. and about that para, I didn't have a weapon.. I couldn't afford one at the time and I was saving up for an awp to show u f00's how its done which I did the next round.. hehe .. That was basically a suicide run :D

roXet
March 24th, 2003, 12:44 PM
I dont' want to talk about 16fighter from last night. I||gea|Op just had to kill me *every* round, so I just decided to start jumping off the tower. =)

gesikah
March 24th, 2003, 12:45 PM
Thanks, i||ega|-op, I will keep that in mind. At this point I can use all the help I can get.

My biggest hurdle at this point is just trying to remain calm and not get all flusterated when I actually get in the action. But I think the only thing that will help that is some time in-game, getting my butt kicked. :-)

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
March 24th, 2003, 01:03 PM
Sorry roXet, but thats what u get for joining the other team.. :stick

gesikah.. One of the best things to do is to follow people around and see how they handle situations, where they camp (so you know where to look), and watch how they handle different weapons.

LA_MERC_Sabre
March 24th, 2003, 01:34 PM
"One of the best things to do is to follow people around and see how they handle situations, where they camp"

i.e. follow bighead

roXet
March 24th, 2003, 01:36 PM
or you could watch me play and then just do the opposite of what I do =)

LA_MERC_Mercy
March 24th, 2003, 02:01 PM
hey thats my job

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 24th, 2003, 02:04 PM
lol at Canuck. roXet, hook her up with some bots and turn the weapons off so she can learn to aim and control the guns.

Scott

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
March 24th, 2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Big_Brother
lol at Canuck. roXet, hook her up with some h4xs and turn the weapons on so she won't have to learn to aim or control the guns.

Scott

wth?!?!?! :stick

roXet
March 24th, 2003, 02:09 PM
yeah, that's what I'm gonna do BB. Gotta find me some.

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 24th, 2003, 02:17 PM
Just get some beers and start shooting!

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 24th, 2003, 02:38 PM
Here is pod bot...
http://podbot.nuclearbox.com/

Scott

roXet
March 24th, 2003, 02:45 PM
thanks BB, that one looks cool.

I might have to load up a boat load of bots and get my para out. Just to relieve some stress or something. =)

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
March 24th, 2003, 02:56 PM
You can also try realbot, they seem to update from time to time where as podbot seems to be dead in the water

http://bot.counter-strike.net/realbot/

roXet
March 24th, 2003, 02:57 PM
I found realbot too, but the links on that guy's page don't work in Mozilla so I'm mad at him. =)

gesikah
March 24th, 2003, 03:16 PM
you might have to set that up as soon as you get home. I seriously need to kill/hurt/maim/smoke something right now.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 24th, 2003, 04:35 PM
Ooo, I like her...GO GETCHA SOME!!!!

Scott

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==