PDA

View Full Version : World War 2 Online

roXet
March 21st, 2003, 01:06 PM
I don't know if any of you guys have heard of it, but I think World War 2 Online is a great game. It's a Massivly Multiplayer Virtual Battlefield. It has taken up *alot* of my time. The action can be slow at times, and I reverted back to my twich gamer state awhile back so I don't play anymore.

They just released a new patch and added alot of new vehicles. I think they will be doing another 2 week free trial sometime time this month. Check out the site (http://www.wwiionline.com) and if looks even half way interesting to you, check it out. They have some screenshots on the site, but they dont' do the game justice. I'll find some good ones and post them later for ya'll.

If anybody does decide to try it out, make sure to let me know and I'll help you with it. There is a bit of a learning curve and teamwork is mucho essential.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 21st, 2003, 03:33 PM
i wanted to play it when it came out but i refuse to pay to play.

Scott

wookie
March 21st, 2003, 04:02 PM
cough cough Battlefield 1942 cough cough

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 21st, 2003, 05:05 PM
dont run on my copmp....i tried over and over and over and...well you know.

Scott

roXet
March 21st, 2003, 05:28 PM
some games are just worth the monthly fee.

BF1942 is a really cool game, but it does not compare to the sheer scope of this. Plus, they are completely different, the only similarity is the WW2 theme.

I'll have to find the pics that show exctally how big the gameworld is a post them. =)

I think it's Europe modeled in 1/2 scale.

LA_MERC_Maverick
March 21st, 2003, 05:57 PM
bb you really need to bring that pc with you to the lan so we can see why it wont run bf.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 22nd, 2003, 10:20 AM
thats not gonna happen. Darren tried for hours on VNC awhile back. Its really not that big of a deal. Im kind of a one game guy anyway. There are lots of other drugs but one one "crack".

Scott:)

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==