PDA

View Full Version : Big fun in the Big Easy

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 16th, 2003, 10:54 AM
For those of you who don't know there are a few of us Merc that once a year go to New Orleans for what is called the Italian American Marching Club Parade. We are part of the event as "work" all day Saturday of teh event serving free beer, whine, and food. Then we get to march as flag carriers in the parade that goes stright down Burbon street. Needless to say the parade is slow as we frequent every establishment from the strip clubs to the drinkning pubs and it doesn't take long to have a damn good time. So I'm starting this thread to give you guys a glimpse so maybe next year you can come down and enjoy. This first pick is around 11:00 that morning as Dirge and I man the beer truck.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 16th, 2003, 10:56 AM
Here a pic from around 12:30. As you can see Dirge and I are having to hold on! But we manage to serve beer until 5:00 that afternoon. Cowboy up.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 16th, 2003, 11:00 AM
Ok here we are at around 5:00. the parade is starting to line up and we get into out spots. I turned to Robby right after this picture and told him "I'm feeling kinda woozzy"
The fact that LA_MERC_Yankee and LA_MERC_Rooster are carrying drink paks that contain 1 5th of butbon and 2 glasses of coke. The other one I think had straight Scotch in it. Ouch!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 16th, 2003, 11:03 AM
Alright parade has started and we're off. Here's a pic of us with some Italian guys. Don't ask me why I'm leaning. I think at the time I was sure I was standing up straight.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 16th, 2003, 11:05 AM
Now this is a good picture. While marching down Burbon street we come across a winabego with a deer head mounted to the front so we snapped a picture and the hippie who owned it had to be in the shot. LOL, the stuff you see going down Burbon street. I love this city.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 16th, 2003, 11:10 AM
Ok its getting late and we're in full swing. Here's a pic of the clan moving down Burbon. From right to left we have, Yankee(Reed), Rooster (Jason), Andyconda (Andy), Dirge (Robby), and Dave.

I just want to say that right before this pic I was in Razoo's Bar with Yankee and Rooster and as I came out of the bathroom I saw Rooster in the middle of like 12 women on the dance floor. I pushed into the crowd to "Save" him and as I did I got tackled and rapped by the 12 women. Thats why if you notice I have no more beeds or kisses to give. I was violated! h4x!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 16th, 2003, 11:13 AM
MAN DOWN MAN DOWN CALL FOR BACKUP. MEDIC!

Reed, What u do! Don't yak on your beeds dude!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 16th, 2003, 11:18 AM
Reed wasn't the only man in bad shape. As you can see from this pic I was in rare form.

DAMN HIS IRISH BLOOD!

Jubae
March 16th, 2003, 11:34 AM
lol, you all have re-affirmed why it is I do not drink any more lol. i love you guys, it looked like you had a rockin time none the less.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 16th, 2003, 11:35 AM
Never in my life have I heard of a town that has more excuses to dri.....er....parades. That pic with you two hanging on the beer cart worries me though.....ya lookin a lil, shall we say,....light?

Scott;)

Cypher
March 16th, 2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Big_Brother
That pic with you two hanging on the beer cart worries me though.....ya lookin a lil, shall we say,....light?

Scott;)

yea that scared me as well... and you're wearing the same outfit, and you're both carrying [what appears to be] matching purses...

LA_MERC_Yankee
March 16th, 2003, 05:18 PM
H4X0RS. You forgot to mention the fact that I got finished stood up grabbed my flag and kept on marching. I wasn't DOWN, just taking a break. Thanks for a rockin good time and watching out for me, or I mean documenting the events.:d: :d:

Rooster
March 16th, 2003, 05:30 PM
you were a trooper man, my hats off to ya :D

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 16th, 2003, 07:47 PM
LMFAO cypher. We're wearing the same outfits because the club has a dress code for staff for the parade and the purses are flag holders. If you look further down on some of the other pictures you'll see that the bottom of the flag goes in there so you don't have to carry the weight of the flag for the whole parade. Man that was funny.

Cypher
March 16th, 2003, 08:48 PM
Oh, sure.

LA_MERC_Sabre
March 16th, 2003, 09:21 PM
yeah right andy, good cover..lol

LA_MERC_Spark
March 17th, 2003, 01:18 AM
Holy splash radius Yankee!!!! Is that dark spot on the ground all urs.... hehehe

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==