PDA

View Full Version : The way the Media see's things

Lt.Dan
March 15th, 2003, 07:31 PM
The Pope is visiting DC and President Bush takes him out for an
afternoon on the Potomac...sailing on the presidential yacht. They're admiring the sights when, all of a sudden, the Pope's hat (zucchetto) blows off his head and out into the water. Secret service guys start to launch a boat, but Bush waves them off, saying "Wait, wait. I'll take care of this. Don't worry."

Bush then steps off the yacht onto the surface of the water and walks out to the Holy Father's little hat, bends over and picks it up, then walks back to the yacht and climbs aboard. He hands the hat to the Pope
amid stunned silence.

The next morning, the Washington Post carries a story, with front page photos, of the event. The banner headline is

"Bush Can't Swim."

Reign
March 15th, 2003, 08:23 PM
is there a point to this, cause it seems to me you're bringing in religion where it need not be...no offense but religion is better left out of here even if its in a joking format

Lt.Dan
March 15th, 2003, 08:24 PM
sorry u don't get it, but is does not have to do with religoin, try agian.

MadOne
March 15th, 2003, 08:34 PM
funny..

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 15th, 2003, 08:46 PM
He's right...it's not religious. It's a jab at the left wing liberal media.

Scott

SnAkEbItE
March 15th, 2003, 09:02 PM
I belive that Reign was refering to the walking on water bit.

Reign
March 16th, 2003, 01:57 AM
yes, that and the fact of mentioning the pope

Rooster
March 16th, 2003, 10:17 AM
it's not a religious joke, that's just the medium for the message, sheesh lighten up
I think it is very true tho'

SnAkEbItE
March 16th, 2003, 01:27 PM
Yeah well that's why some times what doesn't offend one might offend another and we need try not offend peoples.

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
March 16th, 2003, 02:41 PM
Sorry Snakebit.. If we were to watch what we said /did because of the fact that it might offend some people, NOTHING WOULD BE SAID / DONE. It seems like everyone in the world is offended by something or another and if they are not offended by it, they pretend to be just to cause controversy.

Some things are just taking to extremes when its merely their own interpretation of what is said / done. We should try to look at everything from all sides and not just with our own narrow perspective. Then, maybe then, most all of use could get along better and actually have a good time. :)

wookie
March 16th, 2003, 03:20 PM
im offended by people who put down cheese.
i likes my cheese yo.

Captain
March 16th, 2003, 03:46 PM
LoL........

SnAkEbItE
March 16th, 2003, 07:21 PM
Yes I agree Toby we all need to relax a little as a general rule and not take everything a personal, how ever I also belive that we have to make a point of trying not to offend people as well. It's a thin line sometimes. That's all I was trying to say.

LA_MERC_Sabre
March 16th, 2003, 09:36 PM
there is a thin line and if it gets crossed, i'm sure it will be taken care of....i am offended that i don't have a beer in my fridge right now!!! what r u going to do about that huh?

SnAkEbItE
March 16th, 2003, 09:51 PM
Thank the good Lord that no barley or hops had to die tonight..

LA_MERC_Spark
March 17th, 2003, 12:57 AM
hehehe

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==