PDA

View Full Version : This paragraph says a lot

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 11th, 2003, 02:14 PM
This is an excerpt from an article I have enojyed. I think this excerpt sums up a lot of good points.

"In 1998 President Bill Clinton stated, "What if he [Hussein] fails to comply [with disarmament] and we fail to act? He will conclude that the international community has lost its will. He will then go right on building up his arsenal. Someday, someway, I guarantee you, he'll use that arsenal." Last year, former Vice President Al Gore stated, "[W]e know that he [Hussein] has stored away secret supplies of biological weapons and chemical weapons throughout his country." It is not President Bush who woke up one day to discover that Hussein was making and harvesting weapons of mass destruction. Yet it is Bush who is blamed for doing something about it. Hussein may be mad, but he is not a scientist. He does not collect chemical and biological weapons for mere pleasure and intrigue. Just ask the survivors of Halabja. So when Hussein acts, it will be Bush and America who are blamed for inaction, for appeasement. We will be liable for such blame because we are the only ones who can do something about it."

The rest of the srticle can be found here:
http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/comment-bennett031103.asp

LA_MERC_Sniper
March 11th, 2003, 05:16 PM
Hmmmmm? Ok, so where is that democratic degredation for Bush's actions now people?

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==