PDA

View Full Version : Interesting article on the true strength and size of the Iraqi Army

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 11th, 2003, 01:40 PM
Enjoy...

http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/comment-taheri031103.asp

MadOne
March 11th, 2003, 02:12 PM
good artlicle.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
March 11th, 2003, 02:34 PM
some very good points brought up. I could definitly see the iraq army fighting to keep iraq free from american occupation. if that means to them saddam has got to go, then they may shove him out the front door and push him across the street to the american military so they can lock the door behind him. maybe that's why bush has been kind of dragging his feet since this whole thing began (I know the UN had it's sanctions in his face, but that really wouldn't stop him if he didn't want it to) that way, we get the results we are after, we don't go to war, our image (along with Bush's) will be of enforcer/peacekeeper instead of bully, we won't have to occupy a potentially hostile territory.

LA_MERC_Diesel
March 11th, 2003, 02:39 PM
Nice article on Military tactics, just wait til Andyconda uses his Colonel Butterball(c&c joke) on him.
w00t!

Rooster
March 11th, 2003, 03:15 PM
the Iraqi Army was terrible in '90-'91, at first it was "Yeah let's go get'em and wipe'em out" then they started to surrender in masses. Few fights here and there, but they were the exception. Mostly it was a massive police action. We started to feel bad for them. The living conditions over there are terrible but these guys had it bad. Little food, hardly any water and little ammo. Some of the Iraqi officers were gung-ho about fighting but I think that was out of fear if they didn't fight. There were a few stories of the soldiers tying up and subdueing the officers to keep them out of command and not get their troops killed so they could surrender. There was even one story floating around of them killing one. They couldn't hide out in the desert, flat as a pool table. I believe that it will be the same thing over again, but the exception being when we get to the major cities and where they can fight and hide. Then we will run into some probs, militarily and politically.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==