PDA

View Full Version : France

MadOne
March 10th, 2003, 10:22 PM
"France has neither winter nor summer nor morals. Apart from these drawbacks it is a fine country. France has usually been governed by prostitutes." --Mark Twain

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." --General George S. Patton

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion." --Norman Schwartzkopf

"We can stand here like the French, or we can do something about it." --Marge Simpson

"As far as I'm concerned, war always means failure." --Jacques Chirac, President of France

"As far as France is concerned, you're right." --Rush Limbaugh

"The only time France wants us to go to war is when the German Army is sitting in Paris sipping coffee." --Regis Philbin

"The French are a smallish, monkey-looking bunch not dressed any better, on average, than the citizens of Baltimore. True, you can sit outside in Paris and drink little cups of coffee, but why this more stylish than sitting inside and drinking large glasses of whiskey I don't know." --P. J. O'Rourke

"You know, the French remind me a little bit of an aging actress of the 1940s who was still trying to dine out on her looks but doesn't have the face for it." --John McCain

"You know why the French don't want to bomb Saddam Hussein? Because he hates America, he loves mistresses and wears a beret. He is French, people." --Conan O'Brien

"I don't know why people are surprised that France won't help us get Saddam out of Iraq. After all, France wouldn't help us get the Germans out of France!" --Jay Leno

"The last time the French asked for 'more proof' it came marching into Paris under a German flag." --David Letterman

Lt.Dan
March 11th, 2003, 10:56 AM
:)

Rooster
March 11th, 2003, 11:11 AM
France and Germany are going to have a hard time with the world after this conflict. Everyone is mad at them and the way they are behaving. Yeah Russia and China are doing it too, but we expect that.

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 11th, 2003, 01:04 PM
My mom sent me this one...

Rooster
March 11th, 2003, 01:13 PM
I never considered those frogs our frineds in the first place

LA_MERC_Diesel
March 11th, 2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_MadOne
"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." --General George S. Patton

That quote and the Normmandy picture say 10,000 words about the current conflict!
Nice pic Tech(and nice sig to :D)

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 11th, 2003, 01:49 PM
THanks D. Onji actually did that one, so congrats go to him. ;-)

wookie
March 11th, 2003, 02:21 PM
well then why is so freakin important to learn french in high shcool?
i wanna learn real languages like italian, spanish, ebonics, scandinavian.

come on people, lets get French out of our schools, and get some better languages.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 11th, 2003, 03:04 PM
Just WTH is Scandinavian??? And you're going to college at Tech. Dirge, yours and Andy's degrees just lost about 50% of their value.

Scott

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 11th, 2003, 03:38 PM
He's not at Tech man...

They may have lost half of their value though...I did grad from there also.

LA_MERC_Sabre
March 11th, 2003, 03:50 PM
hey, hey, hey, i just got my diploma from tech. let me enjoy it a little before we start bashing it....lol

And on the frog issue, the froggies are not liked in Canada either (even though Canada is officially a bilingual country). As far as i'm concerned Quebec should have separated and all of them bastages move to france where they can all be waxed by the US armed forces after they get through with iraq.

just in case you were wondering,,,i do not like french speaking canadians.

LA_MERC_Sniper
March 11th, 2003, 05:01 PM
lol

CoF
March 11th, 2003, 05:52 PM
i don't think all this is going to end how you all think it will. and i do have good reason to say this so please don't bash on me for it but our (little finger quotations) "great" country is headed for a "very" hard time.

LA_MERC_Mercy
March 11th, 2003, 06:07 PM
well if your going to say something like that, you had better be prepared to back it up...so spill it

SgtJeff
March 11th, 2003, 06:14 PM
well, we're waiting??????? Tumult..u there?? esplain urself

CoF
March 11th, 2003, 06:15 PM
i would if it weren't classified info. just my way of putting the idea into your heads to be prepared for anything. no matter how outragous it may seem that anyone could take on the "good ol' US of A". its not like it will happen anytime soon because it shouldn't happen for a while, but that really depends on how fast things happen. pray they dont go fast.

LA_MERC_Mercy
March 11th, 2003, 06:23 PM
two things then

1). When did you join the army Dark?

2). How do you know this stuff?

CoF
March 11th, 2003, 06:33 PM
1.) never joined nor do i intend to be a part of the military
2.) i shouldn't know some of the things that i do, but alas i do

CoF
March 11th, 2003, 07:42 PM
oh btw mercy could ya do me a favor?

LA_MERC_Mercy
March 11th, 2003, 08:28 PM
shoot

CoF
March 11th, 2003, 08:33 PM
change my name to CoF and delete that name cause thats me which im sure you already knew. i just forgot how to get to my email that i used to sign it up so i could activate my account. i remember now im just too lazy to use that name now but if ya want i can still use it. give ya something to do though. :-D

LA_MERC_Sabre
March 11th, 2003, 08:33 PM
omg it's Osama!!!!!! hax

LA_MERC_Mercy
March 11th, 2003, 08:46 PM
done

CoF
March 11th, 2003, 08:47 PM
i don't get it =/

SnAkEbItE
March 11th, 2003, 11:08 PM
Well I haven't really weighed in on this for several reasons but now I will. Now before I go into this somewhat don't anyone start saying that I said the world was coming to an end, (It is one day I don't know when nor does anyone else).
In the book of Ezekiel 38 the prophet is given a word from the Lord about the Nation of Magog or Gog. Which if you look at ancient maps are the lands of the eastern block or mainly Russia. The Nation of Russia will attack Israel and will be defeated.
Now you’re asking what does this have to do with the status of the world now? Well let's see, Russia is aligned with France, Germany, and China right now all swearing to veto any kind of action against Iraq. Sadam see's himself as the leader of the entire Islamic nation's for the simple fact that he thinks that he defeated America last time because he we left in power and was not defeated. When Gog attacks Israel and is defeated this is the trigger that start's the end of times. Now then I believe that the stage is set for a major battle to occur over there right now and for it to become the start of the final war. I believe that Russia will attack in a pack with Germany, France and China. I also believe that Israel will win and will take the eastern bank form Palestine and will begin the rebuilding of the Temple witch will ignite the rest of the Islamic nation's against them. Somewhere in there the Rapture will occur and the Saints will be taken home and then it gut’s real interesting for those left.
Now don't go all crazy on me here this is my option and several other major biblical scalars but, if you don't believe in the bible or what it says then you know what you don't have anything to worry about do you? However if I'm and the others are right then when this happens and people are gone everywhere maybe you will remember this and you will seek the true answers. If you don't agree with this please don't flame me or try and punch holes in this because you probably can and that's fine for you but, you will not change my mind nor am I trying to change yours I am just stating what I think could happen because of this. Not that it will at this time but I do believe that it will at some point and time

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 12th, 2003, 06:45 AM
Snake, I have discussed this with my relatives... Be careful of forcing scripture/prophecy into current events. Remember there have been and will always be false/wrong prophets. As for CoF... Get a friggin clue DO NOT come around here spouting "confidential" information and state "I have my sources" At this rate, you might as well go join |6... If you want respect.. then give respect... State what you want to say, I don't have time to interpret your dumb clues.

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 12th, 2003, 07:26 AM
How many Frenchmen does it take to change a light bulb? One. He holds the bulb and all of Europe revolves around him.

Next time there's a war in Europe, the loser has to keep France.

How many Frenchmen does it take to defend Paris? No one knows, it has
never been done.

SnAkEbItE
March 12th, 2003, 07:30 AM
Dirge I did not nor did I intend to force scriptures into any thing, I just stated what I thought or belive will happen. I did not say that this is going to happen other than there will be a final battle.

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 12th, 2003, 07:45 AM
Yeah I know Snake, I just thought I would chime in since I had just visited this topic with my Mom. :D My sister has heard a prophecy that the USA would be embattled for an extended period then flourish, and we were discussing that. I just feel it is relevant to discuss it.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
March 12th, 2003, 08:09 AM
umm...we better not go to war with germany...not before I get my porsche 911t.

SnAkEbItE
March 12th, 2003, 09:21 AM
You know there has been people crying that the sky is falling for ever and I'm not one of them, I have done extensive study in the "end of times" prophcy in the bible and the only thing I can say with 100 percent is that there will be a end of this earth. When don't know, how well I think that most people know how if not I would be glad to discuss this with you but, since this site doesn't have a religius forum I don't feel that this is the place for that but, I will talk to you via instant messanger about it.
Let me just say this I don't think that the U.S. needs anyone other than the good Lord at our back and that we will take care of all these problems in time.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 12th, 2003, 09:43 AM
If you really wanna get into it, the "on topic" forum would be a good place for it.

Scott

LA_MERC_Mercy
March 12th, 2003, 09:46 AM
yes you could post it there Snake

SnAkEbItE
March 12th, 2003, 01:01 PM
Ok if you want to talk about it I can post there I just don't want to start any trouble.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==