PDA

View Full Version : Monitors

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
March 8th, 2003, 10:05 PM
I was wondering what is better for gaming, dot pitch or refresh rate? I'm looking for a new 19 in monitor and I've found some prospects but I'm not sure which is better. I'm looking to spend around $300 and I want the best I can get for the money. Who'd have thunk that?

Here is a couple I was looking at

www.viewsonic.com/products/crt_p95fplusb.htm

www.viewsonic.com/products/crt_g90mb.htm

But please feel free to offer up monitors that you like, I'm not partial to any company. I just want good graphics and warranty at an affordable price. Is the world to much to ask for?

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 8th, 2003, 10:22 PM
Man I got my 19" at best buy for $170...

It's a MAG but I haven't had any problems with it.

Reign
March 8th, 2003, 10:24 PM
hey man both are important, higher refresh rate equals more fps...higher dot pitch equals clearer picture...you just need to remember when you get a montior get a CRT that has a Perfect FLAT screen..don't buy a flat panel LCD cause it has a slower refresh time and its not as good for gaming

Dead
March 8th, 2003, 11:42 PM
mags are fine if you dont run em at 1600x1200 res. like me - mine blows on windows stuff in game i'm sure it would be fine - but i have this dual 19" setup on this 440mx card and the mag is far behind this gateway montior which is a viewsonic at high res.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
March 9th, 2003, 12:42 PM
Yeah I'm definately getting a CRT Flatscreen, I just wanted to run things by all the |337 computer masta's.

Death-Speak
March 10th, 2003, 07:01 AM
Any half decent CRT you get is going to have a suitable refresh rate. I would focus on dot pitch, smaller = better.

BTW... I have an Envision 17" LCD and a Dell(made by Sony?) 21" LCD and they are both GREAT for gaming, esp the Dell. The lower refresh rates are more common in the cheapy 15" LCD you find on the bargain shelf at your electronics boutique.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==